Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Varitone webpage

spitball

Hey gang, I'm trying my hand at asp.net, and I've created this little web page about the Gibson Varitone control. I hope it's somewhat useful. If you have any ideas to make it better/exapand it, please let me know. I have sold that ES-345, so I can't add anymore of my own audio clips to it. I wish I recorded something a little more coherent...oh well.

Peace,

Francis

Link to Varitone Web Page

not a big Varitone fan. But, you guys who have them and dig them talk about them a little more here for this old 335 man. I'd like to listen up on their pluses. Thanks.

*Checking your site, spitball!

IN the long run, I kept my 335 and sold the 345. The overall sound from the 335 was clearer, more woody, and and more articulate than with the 345. Still, I loved that Varitone, and the 345 was by no means bad, just not quite as good as the 335!

I have an epiphone dot studio that I had a varitone switch added to it. it's not the Gibson varitone but is is a very nice upgrade and the first position of the switch is a bypass so you still have the natural tone of the guitar.

SD530023.jpg

SD530024.jpg

SD530028.jpg

my luthier took out the tone pot for the switch and the mini switch gives me extra variables in the varitone

I found the switch on ebay.

Archived