Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jeff6898

Les Paul Studio

I wanting to get my son a Gibson since he always wanted one and loves to play. Upgrading him from a Epiphone. Due to pricing I am looking at the Studio model. Is this a decent guitar for a still newby at playing? Would the pick ups need upgrsding? I was told to replace them with the vintage 57 pick ups fpr alot better sound by someone. Any opinions is appreciaited.

I got a faded brown mahogany Studio for a Christmas present a while ago... The Burstbuckers are indeed all that.

I'd like to think that shiny ones are even better.

An LP studio was the first Gibson I played... Hmmhmmhmmhmm.... good memories. I swear my jaw fell to the floor, and I knew i was a Gibson man. =D

The sound speaks for itself, it's a great guitar. And the pickups are fine, it's all preference.

It's a great axe, it's my main guitar... Good quality at good price. Mine is a '95, but I didn't get good impressions from nowadays studios.

Try to get an older one if you can, anyway that's my opinion!

The pickups are great for modern genres, if you're looking for a "vintage tone", consider upgrading it with a pair of '57 classic or burstbuckers.

By the way the 490R-498T do their job, I've got mine rewired to get closer to a "vintage vibe" tone, and also to split them by using 2 push/pull pots.

Hope this helped somehow=p~

Matt

(sorry for my english, i'm italian :-$)

No upgrade needed.

Judging by experience level......You have no need to change pickups.

The ones that come with it work great. Untill he knows what he is looking for in a pickup...Leave well enough alone.

Gibson chose them for a reason. Even more expensive Les Pauls come with the same pickups you will be getting.

I actually just put down my studio a minute ago....the thing sounds amazing...my ears are still ringing! I have the burstbuckers in mine...and I can't complain at all. Any beginner would be happy with this guitar...and yes...its says Gibson on the head stock....

My first LP was a studio and I loved it and still have it. They scream. '57 classics are good if you're chasing that vintage tone, but if he likes hard rock and more contemporary music the 490/498 will suffice. I was so fixated on the "Gibson" logo on the headstock, like many are. I think he will love it, especially if he is someone who loves playing guitar like you say. Who wouldn't love it?

I wanting to get my son a Gibson since he always wanted one and loves to play. Upgrading him from a Epiphone. Due to pricing I am looking at the Studio model. Is this a decent guitar for a still newby at playing? Would the pick ups need upgrsding? I was told to replace them with the vintage 57 pick ups fpr alot better sound by someone. Any opinions is appreciaited.

Tis is my son's first guitar. Not quite a Gibson but he's only 7.

513575_f520.jpg