Gibson Brands Forums

Truss rod cover, HELP!

mooboo

Hey everyone! I have a 98 CL-30 Deluxe with the headstock below.. I'm looking for a place to buy a truss rod cover that says "Deluxe" on it. Any idea where to get one? I asked sweetwater if they could help me out but never got a response. Thanks!

3973367618_780b71582b_b.jpg

As Bluemoon suggested, I would try contacting Gibson. Also, you can get your existing cover engraved by a place that does that kind of stuff. I did that with an SG I used to own around 25 years ago by taking the cover to the local shopping mall and going to one of those kiosks that sells cheesy crap like key rings that they'll engrave for you.

Buy a blank one. Take it to one of those places that makes office signs using the same method. The trick might be for them to make a jig to hold the TRC firmly in place while they rout out the 'Deluxe. Those places, I don't know what to call them. "Sign Shop," maybe? The one in our town also makes things like engraved metal name plates for trophies, and rubber stamps.

Save the original for posterity. Might have to buy a couple in case they muck on up. Also... they may do it with the caviat that they aren't resposible for mucking up the plate... if they do it at all.

Seems like my father took the TRC off his J100 and took it to the local laminated sign place and they did it. He wanted it to say "J-100" in western type stagecoach lettering. I can't recall. That thing has been languishing in his music room for over a decade now.

Thanks guys! I contacted custominlay and also Sweetwater. Sweetwater said Gibson won't sell those type of covers because they have a big problem with fakes. Not really sure to what extent that constitutes not selling em but who knows. I'll keep a look out on the bay.

• 4 months later...

Archived