Gibson Brands Forums

Most popular color

Bluemoon

Dear Gibson, If you would like to kindly fund a three year PhD, I would happily study the answer to Bluemoon's question. I will of course require access to your factory and the provision of sufficient funds to enable me to visit everyone of you dealers worldwide.

Yours faithfully,

ibis

i dont know which is the most common color either but I've sure seen a lot of black LP's over the years though.

i like the gecko more than the unfinished BFG's and I don't know if they ever made a truly ugly LP but the new robot in that matte purple would come real close for me to vote as ugly.

edit - and I might be close to a true expert on ugly LP's after all I own a Vodoo and the Katrina Mardi-gra LP those have to count against me or for me somehow?:-&

I always LOVED black Les Pauls because of John Fogerty in Creedence circa 1970 & later Leon Russell & then Neil Young. Later I became attracted to goldtops. But when I saw Jimmy Page in The Song Remains The Same movie (in 1977) with the very yellowed vintage sunburst I just HAD to get one of those!

So far I've got a heritage cherry sunburst and a goldtop. I'm still working on my first love which was the black Les Paul. In fact when I first knew what a Les Paul was (when I was 13) I wrongly thought they were exclusively black guitars. Anyway I hope to finally own a black Paul before I depart this earth. Hopefully a Custom.

Archived