Gibson Brands Forums

I'm BACK!!!! 1990 Les Paul Standard Limited Colours

dacookster

no it aint fake, but it might be stolen!!! What's the serial number and where did you get it?

I had the same guitar same color back in 91/92 and it was stolen in '92/93. Don't sweat it, I knew the guy, and I took hime to small claims court and won, though I never got the guitar back, or any money. I lay no claim to it...LOL just would be cool if it was it! The guy was a friend of mine to boot! that was worse than losing the guitar! Though I was 16 at the time, and could not afford to buy another one... That was a sweet sounding axe! I used to put those 24k gold strings on it back then too!

hi folks. FINALLY got a LP. So now I can hang out in this forum. Yeah' date=' I have other Gibsons, but nothing ever happens in the 'other' forums.

Here's the axe......and if it's fake, DONT tell me, okay?

[img']http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/dacookster/091016_173231.jpg[/img]

Dude, what were you thinking!!!

Why would you lean the guitar (very nice :D and looks very real!!!) to take the photo?

Call me a pessimist but I can see a "Funniest Home Videos" moment here. You're setting it up to take the pic, something spooks your dog, the dog takes off and so does the LP :D

Man, you must trust your dog...

I trust Koba girl with my most prized possessions. Anyway---I'll get your the serial number thru PM if you want, Lewddude. The guy claimed he bought it new from a music store in Des Moines, IA, and he was near tears when he parted with it. I got a pretty screaming deal, too. Craigslist, and I know I know I know I know.....im just addicted to the damn thing! I'll get more pix of stuff up real soon Jocko, promise. I still haven't had a chance to play 'er yet.

I trust Koba girl with my most prized possessions. Anyway---I'll get your the serial number thru PM if you want' date=' Lewddude. The guy claimed he bought it new from a music store in Des Moines, IA, and he was near tears when he parted with it. I got a pretty screaming deal, too. Craigslist, and I know I know I know I know.....im just addicted to the damn thing! I'll get more pix of stuff up real soon Jocko, promise. I still haven't had a chance to play 'er yet. [/quote']

yeah I gotta know at this point! I have the receipt packed away in a box, but I will dig it out to see. Really you have no worries! Even if it was mine, I would not take it from you. I am way over that guitar!

hi folks. FINALLY got a LP. So now I can hang out in this forum. Yeah' date=' I have other Gibsons, but nothing ever happens in the 'other' forums.

Here's the axe......and if it's fake, DONT tell me, okay?

[img']http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/dacookster/091016_173231.jpg[/img]

Nice fake...err i mean guitar! Welcome back man!

Hey dem00n.......i vowed I wouldn't come back here until I had a real LP. *** about the fake.....ha ha. You won't believe all the shiv I got from EVERYONE!!! Jocko had the best line tho.....I told him I confirmed this with Gibson, and he goes..........

"was that Gibson USA, or Gibson Bejing?'

Joey Jonas, a bassist said

"you getting it from the same guy as before?'

and about everyone else said

'is it real?'

I played it for 2 hours so far, and..............

WOW!!!!

Archived