Gibson Brands Forums

Another acoustic amplififcation question

RXXX20

I am looking for a decent, small PA system to be used primarily for solo acoustic performance (1-2 guitars, vocals). Preferably under $500, for a small venue, bar, or coffee house. Portability is a plus. I would guess at about 100-200 watts(?). I already have a 30-watt Fender acoustic amp that I might figure into the setup, but looking for something more on the PA side with a decent mixer. I have looked at a lot of the packaged systems from Musiciansfriend.com...there seem to be some great deals on systems that would surely suit my needs, but I have no practical way of trying any of these out prior to purchase. Does anyone have a system they would recommend? I am hoping someone has tried one they found to be unexpectedly perfect just to give me a starting point.

Thanks.

Hi

Don't know if this is of any use, but I have a Marshall AS50D soloist 2 channel acoustic amp - 50W which is specifically designed for guitar and vocals. The microphone channel (channel 2) is excellent and has some nice features. Volume wise I find it ample for small venues. Very portable.

Price was £230 - about $450

Rxxx20....I use the Kustom kpa 7212 PA system for playing most venues. Musicians Friend sells for under $500. I have used it now for several years and have no problems. It comes as a package unit with speakers, built in effects etc. Also has record and playback I/O. You would get alot of bang for the buck with this unit.

Archived