Gibson Brands Forums

New Egnater Rebel 20 Amp with Homemade Speaker Cab

badbluesplayer

I got a new Egnater Rebel 20 amp head about a month and a half ago. I made a 1 x 12 pine speaker cabinet to go with it. The cabinet is a wide panel Fender type. I made it originally for a Fender Deluxe Kit, but ... uhh... I changed my mind. It has an Eminemce Legend speaker.

The rig is working out great!! The sound is really nice.

The Egnater Rebel 20 is a 20 watt tube amp with two different sets of power tubes. It has two 6V6's and two EL84's. You can dial in how much to mix the output from the two sets of tubes. Turn the mix knob all the way left and it sounds like a Deluxe Reverb (6V6) type amp. Turn it all the way to the right and it sounds like a Blues Junior (EL84) type amp. Turn the knob to about one o'clock and you get a mixed sound thats really smooth with a little chime.

There's no reverb, but it has an effects loop, and I'm using an ElectroHarmonix Holy Grail Plus pedal in the effects loop. I'm not using any overdrive pedals or anything else. It also has an attenuator, which works pretty well, but makes it a little muddy. I tried it a few times and don't use it any more.

When I play with my jamming buddies, I have the master almost all the way up - about say 9, with the gain knob at about 1 o'clock and it just absolutely sounds so sweet I can't believe it.

Here's some pix with my Gibson ES-339:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0008-4.jpg

Pix of the cabinet:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Great job on the cabinet! I have a Rebel 20 too.... Love it. I was running just one 12 for a while but I got another one my last trip home to Boston.... I put the speaker cabinet in a duffle and brought back to Spain with me as luggage. Here's mine....

Stack.jpg

Archived