Gibson Brands Forums

Guys who don't like Buckethead

Tim Plains

This thread has nothing to do with his signature guitar, just the man.

Maybe its been covered, I don't know. I don't usually real Buckethead threads.

A question to the guys who don't like him - would you like him / respect him as a guitarist if he didn't wear that bucket or Mike Myers mask?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I try not to let the cheesy bucket and mask get in the way. I just have not heard him do anything that appeals to my likes; nothing has connected with me musically.

exactly +1 million

nothing he has played has made me want to learn it

That is one of the biggest things someone can do, have a song that people want to learn, imitation is the highest form of flattery

I think if he wasn't such a fruit cake I might not hate him, but I don't think I would like him...

I'd just throw him into a group with Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai...

And half of my dislike is the obnoctious fanboys, I probably wouldn't be so vocal about him

if people didn't keep signing up to tell us how wrong we are to insult him.

I think if he wasn't such a fruit cake I might not hate him' date=' but I don't think I would like him...

I'd just throw him into a group with Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai...

And half of my dislike is the obnoctious fanboys, I probably wouldn't be so vocal about him

if people didn't keep signing up to tell us how wrong we are to insult him.[/quote']

Lol, a real fanboy would track down your IP then gain your address then ****ing ruin your life! Omg...good ****ing times...

There is a difference between notes and music...

That is exactly how I feel about Paul Gilbert. I find his sense of melody very faint, yet that lives alongside an encyclopedic knowledge of the instrument. As for Cheese two words...'Mr Big' LOL.

Hmm this Bucket clip??? I liked it =D>#-o=D>

Matt

This thread has nothing to do with his signature guitar' date=' just the man.

Maybe its been covered, I don't know. I don't usually real Buckethead threads.

A question to the guys who don't like him - would you like him / respect him as a guitarist if he didn't wear that bucket or Mike Myers mask?[/quote']

Umm no. And thanks to GiantRobot for posting a Buckethead video, that was just reinforced.

...it makes no difference to me if someone wears a cap' date=' a hat, or a bucket, just saying...](*,) [/quote']

+1

Yep, If the music is good who gives a damn what the performer looks like! Same with guitars, if it sounds great (it's purpose afterall!) then the look of it matters zilch.

Matt

He wears a paper bucket from a fast food chain on his head....

I don't find his playing noteworthy enough to sustain any initial interest that might generate.

I mean, even the guys in Kiss could play well enough to back up the hokey image.

...And half of my dislike is the obnoctious fanboys' date=' I probably wouldn't be so vocal about him

if people didn't keep signing up to tell us how wrong we are to insult him.[/quote']

Who are the obnoxious ones?

Those who repeatedly throw insults or those who react against it?

Now, take a step back and think about that for a minute.

DJ

--

Archived