Gibson Brands Forums

Guys who don't like Buckethead

Tim Plains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually thought that was cool' date=' then it got to 1:35

And I remember why I hate him so much...

There is a difference between notes and music...[/quote']

Lol, I don't know why he played that at THAT gig. Wrong audience there.

I go out of my way to like him

but i still rather listen to him then steve vai...................

I rather listen to nickleback and the jonas brothers play a drum solo on the keytar then listen to steve vai

Jesse, my wife, a Steve Vai fan took me to see him a few years back and I watched for a while and fell asleep. It was mainly slow and mid tempo songs in the set and I drifted off. Suzie wasn't impressed.

The funniest part of the concert was Steve at the start doing his version of a London accent and calling out (in **** Van Dyke quasi English) "I'm a wankkkerrrr"

I kid you not! I think the word amused him, but not as much as it did the audience hearing him yell this out LMAO!

Matt

The bucket and the mask got him seen; what I don't like is the emotionless runs and playing. Its all been done before.

Without the bucket there would be no buckhead; period. He would be just another shredder wanna-be on youtube.

It's all been done before?! I don't think you've listened to any of his songs.

About him getting seen' date=' when he was about 19, he sent This song into guitar world and won runner up. Another reason is he sent a demo tape to legendary funk bassist, Bootsy Collins, who was impressed. After that, Buckethead got a deal to record his first solo album with songs from the demo tape. I don't think Bootsy saw BH before listening to the demo tape. It's not like Buck sent him a picture of himself along with the demo tape and Bootsy said "HE HAS A BUCKET! I'm going to love this!" Bucket and Bootsy have collaborated many times since.

About Buckethead being a shredder wannabe, Shawn Lane didn't think so:

This is a thread about a guitar player and its surprising how many children take this personally. I have listened to his crap' date=' and I stand by my statement.

Frigging children.[/quote']

But you think people get into him by seeing the bucket. On one of the Buckethead forums, there's a thread about how people got introduced to him. No one said their story went "OMG! IT'S A BUCKET!!!!1"

What I was saying, guitarest, was that Buckethead is pretty unique. He's not just a shredder like on youtube if you've listened to his experimental and avant garde music. His fans defend him because we're passionate about his music and he's not just any musician.

He doesn't have one style and out of the many genres he plays, it's very ignorant to say his style sucks and it's all shredding. He has more than 4 albums of just ballads (not much shredding). Also, with a musician having 1000+ songs, it's pretty stupid of you to think you know it all. He has some really weird music that most people don't appreciate and all those "youtube shredders" don't write that kind of stuff. It takes you to another world.

Something about his fans is we don't worship everything he does. Some of his fans don't like his experimental stuff, some fans don't like the ballads, etc. His more mainstream-like releases are a little stale and disappointing to some fans. Some of us think he should work more on quality instead of quanity. Some of us think it doesn't matter how long the albums take to make because they're genious. If it makes you feel any better, many huge fans didn't like Buck's last two albums.

Archived