Gibson Brands Forums

Guys who don't like Buckethead

Tim Plains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wears a paper bucket from a fast food chain on his head....

I don't find his playing noteworthy enough to sustain any initial interest that might generate.

I mean' date=' even the guys in Kiss could play well enough to back up the hokey image.

[/quote']+1,000,000,000. And, at least we know WHO they really are!

...yes those three in this thread take any thing negative about this guy as something personal....

As a Buckethead fan' date=' I assume you include me in that number. You got to work on your reading comprehension though. My part in this is pointing out blatant stupidity. Which I may do with any subject of interest that's run under my nose. I know it's futile (ref. my sig), so I'll not wear myself out doing it.

...This thread started as a decent conversation until the crap started...

Hm, it occurs to me that yourself is a regular purveyour of crap in these kinds of threads.

Oh, btw, I'm not exactly a child.

DJ

--

Again its about a guitar player not sensitive worshipers of that guitar player. Did you read my post? Its obvious you read it but did you understand it? He is one of thousands of the same type guitar players. He used the bucket as a gimmick to get noticed' date=' plain and simple. I have listened to his music IMO it all sucks. But thats just me, but these bucket worshipers, yes those three in this thread take any thing negative about this guy as something personal. Get over it, I think his style sucks and getting upset with me or the others will not change it. This thread started as a decent conversation until the crap started because your skins are way to thin. I say the same about Jimmy Pages live playing and you don't see some of his followers go frigging crazy, because they are mature individuals. Its a player that all. I have my personal favorites and those who I would not learn their material even if I got paid to do it; Bucketchuk is one of those guys. He is a clone and nothing different about his playing than thousands of shredder wanna-bes on Youtube. So deal with it, there are those who don't like this guys playing.[/quote']

Very mature statement. Spoken like a true adult. When have I ranted on for paragraphs about how horrible someone is at guitar? Who is the real immature one? Your one of the #1 sh!t talkers in any Bhead thread. By the way I'm 27 years old.

If Bucket didn't wear the Bucket I'd still feel exactly the same way about his music. It has absolutely no bearing on what I hear, funny that.

Again its about a guitar player not sensitive worshipers of that guitar player. Did you read my post? Its obvious you read it but did you understand it? He is one of thousands of the same type guitar players. He used the bucket as a gimmick to get noticed' date=' plain and simple. I have listened to his music IMO it all sucks. But thats just me, but these bucket worshipers, yes those three in this thread take any thing negative about this guy as something personal. Get over it, I think his style sucks and getting upset with me or the others will not change it. This thread started as a decent conversation until the crap started because your skins are way to thin. I say the same about Jimmy Pages live playing and you don't see some of his followers go frigging crazy, because they are mature individuals. Its a player that all. I have my personal favorites and those who I would not learn their material even if I got paid to do it; Bucketchuk is one of those guys. He is a clone and nothing different about his playing than thousands of shredder wanna-bes on Youtube. So deal with it, there are those who don't like this guys playing.[/quote']

No one is reading your dribble any more mate, it's obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. So you can either keep going the way you are, embarrassing yourself, or stay out of the Bucket threads. Either way, we couldn't care less, your point has been made.

This TOPIc not thread needs to die...

We've been through it a good load of times...

I don't like him you do.... DEAL WITH IT

No it doesn't need to die. Just stay out of it and let the fans like what they like. Does the fact that Bucket has fans upset you? If not I don't know why you keep returning - same goes for the rest of you.

What I don't get is.

Why bash anyone's skills or abilities when the individual can obviously play his instrument to a higher standard.

Do I like BH? Not particularly, but he can play circles around me, and I imagine anyone else in this forum.

Just a thought.

Please carry on.

Sincerely AXE®

Loaf - let it go mate. Guitarest's opinion is that Bucket is, and I quote "an untalented hack" - he'll not change his mind, he's butthurt that someone with a KFC bucket on their head can play better than he could ever dream of.

What I don't get is.

Why bash anyone's skills or abilities when the individual can obviously play his instrument to a higher standard.

Do I like BH? Not particularly' date=' but he can play circles around me, and I imagine anyone else in this forum.

Just a thought.

Please carry on.

Sincerely AXE® [/quote']

Exactly. We're all guitarists here, credit should be given where credit is due. I'll give a lot of guitarists credit even though I don't particularly like their music.

I'm 27 years old.

Really?.....

I mean, out of everything I read in this thread this is the biggest surprise for me.

:-)

If you guys so vehemently defend Buckethead's skill and honor despite the obvious ridicule it draws, at least tell me you buy his stuff. Isn't that the best thing you could do to help the guy?

Surely you want to make him financially viable in the market?

Signature guitars, t-shirts, any albums he's played on, and damned sure tickets to see him play.

And I don't mean the cheap nose-bleed seats, pony up the bucks and get right down front and center.

If he can't make money, he goes back to actually filling those buckets for a living...

i dont see how anyone can say that buckethead sucks at guitar. i can see how someone might not like his music, his style, his appearance....but thats something different entirely.

from what i have heard i dont care much for his stuff, but the man clearly is talented. i'm not sure if he deserves his own gibson, but if it will make gibson money- more power to them.

to each their own.

Really?.....

I mean' date=' out of everything I read in this thread this is the biggest surprise for me.

:-)

If you guys so vehemently defend Buckethead's skill and honor despite the obvious ridicule it draws, at least tell me you buy his stuff. Isn't that the best thing you could do to help the guy?

Surely you want to make him financially viable in the market?

Signature guitars, t-shirts, any albums he's played on, and damned sure tickets to see him play.

And I don't mean the cheap nose-bleed seats, pony up the bucks and get right down front and center.

If he can't make money, he goes back to actually filling those buckets for a living...

[/quote']

The true fans buy the CD's and from TDRS: http://tdrsmusic.com/

I only order on amazon or ebay if it's not at tdrs.

And his shows don't have different tickets like nose-bleed lol! They're about $30. If you want to be front and center, you have to get there early. I went in august and it was the BEST!

I own over 80 of his albums...store-bought and legit! Also own 4 shirts, 4 of his painting prints, a bunchf of DVD's etc etc etc. This took me over 11 years to compile....

Since Buckethead is still an Indie Artist (by choice), you can get most of his albums at www.tdrsmusic.com so a lot of Buckethead fans like to co-ordinate a specific day where everyone makes a purchase of varying size and sends a note that its from his friends at the Buckethead forum. After the first day like this (I believe we spent over $800), the record label owner and collaborator with Buckethead, Travis Dickerson sent out a 3 song sampler CD of outtakes or upcoming tracks to everyone who participated along with their purchases. He will often sign them too if you ask. REALLY nice guy.

So that shows the level of loyalty that Buckethead fans have for him. Whether you get it or not, that is a direct connection with your fanbase and its awesome.

Loaf - let it go mate. Guitarest's opinion is that Bucket is' date=' and I quote "an untalented hack" - he'll not change his mind, he's butthurt that someone with a KFC bucket on their head can play better than he could ever dream of.

Exactly. We're all guitarists here, credit should be given where credit is due. I'll give a lot of guitarists credit even though I don't particularly like their music.[/quote']

I have to agree with you and AXE.... I'm not a fan of Buckethead by any means, but I did like a lot of his work on the GN'R album. I'll say this... For an "untalented hack" he's done pretty well for himself. He's got a very loyal fan base which is something the person calling him that will never have.

I own over 80 of his albums...store-bought and legit! Also own 4 shirts' date=' 4 of his painting prints, a bunchf of DVD's etc etc etc. This took me over 11 years to compile....

Since Buckethead is still an Indie Artist (by choice), you can get most of his albums at www.tdrsmusic.com so a lot of Buckethead fans like to co-ordinate a specific day where everyone makes a purchase of varying size and sends a note that its from his friends at the Buckethead forum. After the first day like this (I believe we spent over $800), the record label owner and collaborator with Buckethead, Travis Dickerson sent out a 3 song sampler CD of outtakes or upcoming tracks to everyone who participated along with their purchases. He will often sign them too if you ask. REALLY nice guy.

So that shows the level of loyalty that Buckethead fans have for him. Whether you get it or not, that is a direct connection with your fanbase and its awesome. [/quote']

Actually, it was the 2nd binge day that people were sent the sampler from. I only participated on the first one and never got the sampler. If I had more money, I would've bought something then. Now I have $0 and know a new album is nigh. I've bought 15 BH albums since may and I regret making one of those tdrs orders because now I won't be able to get the next cd.=D>

I am not trying to ba an antagonist here.. but I'm gonna repost the original question

A question to the guys who don't like him - would you like him / respect him as a guitarist if he didn't wear that bucket or Mike Myers mask?

Personally I try not to let the cheesy bucket and mask get in the way. I just have not heard him do anything that appeals to my likes; nothing has connected with me musically.
I agree. I have nothing against the guy (as a person or a musician), but it's hard to take someone who wears a bucket and a mask seriously, especially when he starts doing the weird "chicken-like" movements.

Personally I try not to let the cheesy bucket and mask get in the way. I just have not heard him do anything that appeals to my likes; nothing has connected with me musically.

I agree.

He was good with G&R though!

So you don't like any of his work but you do like some of his work? Doesn't make sense.

:)

Archived