Gibson Brands Forums

Guys who don't like Buckethead

Tim Plains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you don't like any of his work but you do like some of his work? Doesn't make sense.

](*

[/quote']I never said "I don't like ANY of his work", I said that his music (as solo Buckethead) doesn't really appeal to me. He IS an AWESOME guitarist, I just don't like anything he plays. Get it?

Now here's something that doesn't make sense. I HATE mushrooms, but I like fried mushrooms!](*,)

albert would gut you all alive.

lovely piece of music by bucket

this song makes me feel just so filled with glee and totally excitement!!!!

It's like you're gutting people's bodies in the slaughterhouse and in Leatherface's castle with albert, and, and... it's just such a precious and loving song. it helps me go to sleep cause it's so nice and peaceful

Albert, I hope we can meet again in the future, I know you're reading this

This is one helluva great comedy hour. I was curious as to what exactly was going on over here so I thought that I would drop by. The rumors are all true. All I seem to be able to glean from these arguments is that:

1. Most people here admit that Buckethead has talent, but the trouble seems to be with how he looks. Some say it's to hide his identity and save his sanity because he might be shy. Others can't understand why he would do such a thing and ruin his chance for commercial success by being unconventional. Some people hear beeping noises, looped beats, horror film clips, and other "noises" and those, combined with his non-GQ-approved appearance, causes them to hate him before they even hear him because he's unconventional in every way. Some folks just can't see the value in the avant garde and that's OK. Hell, it's a free forum.

2. I think that it is incredibly unintelligent for someone to judge any artist as a "no-talent" or "hack" without experiencing the artist's full body of work in a neutral atmosphere. There was a time when I thought any music outside of the metal genre wasn't worth two shakes, when a film wasn't worth watching unless it had the top movie stars in it, and when a random splash of paint on a canvas was just that...then I became an adult and learned how to recognize talent first and then decide if I liked something or not. I don't let pop culture conventions get in the way of understanding what a piece of art is at it's core. +:-@ ...yeah, I know. React exactly how you've been trained to.

3. I'm here because I have nothing better to do at the moment, as are the Buckethead-*****ers. Why should they get all the fun?! Any neutral person who comes here must be able to understand that the Buckethead fans generally seem very pleasant and are only provoked to use strong language after one of the ridiculous tools on this forum feels the need to exercise his intranet-testosterone photon cannon of righteousness. Seriously. Go on any Buckethead forum and you will never see this sort of childish, snooty bullshit (unless trolls like some of the ones here show up and get instantly banned or ignored). Buckethead fans are more mature than that, but sometimes we are forced to stoop to the level of your average outhouse turd-burgler because someone feels that he has found all of the correct answers in life.

Well, I'm off to go watch some Stan Brakhage films set to a Buckethead soundtrack, probably disc four of the Death Cube K--Monolith set; with that said, I know that I'm "a ****ing idiot and a weirdo without a clue as to what constitutes good taste". By "admitting" so I seem to have stolen whatever heat the Buckethead-*****ers may have had brewing over the last minute or two. Sorry about that. Maybe you can still have a few moments of exhilaration while you feverishly try to dissect my grammar skills and spelling, eh? We Buckethead fans strive to practice being as pretentious as possible you know, otherwise every moron in the galaxy would start trying to decipher his paintings ("He's a painter too?! Jeez, he must REALLY suck at playing guitar then!"), listening to his music, and drooling over his videos. All of the comfy conventions in guitar-playing could be lost forever! We'd much rather that "you guys" stuck to the talking heads on the idiot box for the latest update on what guitarist currently has the sexiest guitar-playing face, most historical popularity, or safe-n-stale playing style instead.

P.S. While "you guys" are bobbing for ***-turds this Halloween, don't forget to poke the prostate with the open end of the Tabasco bottle. Oh, and don't forget to give that ol' christial region a good wiping afterwards(don't worry, you'll never find out what that is no matter how much you search for it on Google).

*Without further hesitation, I will now allow the administrators to firmly execute a duty of utmost importance: to ban me so that I need not worry about having the chance to return to this land of many good folks, but a few feces-soaked tampon-trolls who ruin it for others. Not that I ever see myself wanting to return here in the future.

Signed,

Dat Dollarin' Azz

*Hmm....been a while n' those mods who are *****-*** fakers seem to be OK with my post. Well, I suppose the real man-child must learn for himself the difference between right and wrong just like every other toddler with a ****-streak running up the back of his coattails,eh? Que sera, sera...

This is one helluva great comedy hour. I was curious as to what exactly was going on over here so I thought that I would drop by. The rumors are all true. All I seem to be able to glean from these arguments is that:

1. Most people here admit that Buckethead has talent' date=' but the trouble seems to be with how he looks. Some say it's to hide his identity and save his sanity because he might be shy. Others can't understand why he would do such a thing and ruin his chance for commercial success by being unconventional. Some people hear beeping noises, looped beats, horror film clips, and other "noises" and those, combined with his non-GQ-approved appearance, causes them to hate him before they even hear [i']him[/i] because he's unconventional in every way. Some folks just can't see the value in the avant garde and that's OK. Hell, it's a free forum.

2. I think that it is incredibly unintelligent for someone to judge any artist as a "no-talent" or "hack" without experiencing the artist's full body of work in a neutral atmosphere. There was a time when I thought any music outside of the metal genre wasn't worth two shakes, when a film wasn't worth watching unless it had the top movie stars in it, and when a random splash of paint on a canvas was just that...then I became an adult and learned how to recognize talent first and then decide if I liked something or not. I don't let pop culture conventions get in the way of understanding what a piece of art is at it's core. +:-@ ...yeah, I know. React exactly how you've been trained to.

3. I'm here because I have nothing better to do at the moment, as are the Buckethead-*****ers. Why should they get all the fun?! Any neutral person who comes here must be able to understand that the Buckethead fans generally seem very pleasant and are only provoked to use strong language after one of the ridi****us tools on this forum feels the need to exercise his intranet-testosterone photon cannon of righteousness. Seriously. Go on any Buckethead forum and you will never see this sort of childish, snooty bull**** (unless trolls like some of the ones here show up and get instantly banned or ignored). Buckethead fans are more mature than that, but sometimes we are forced to stoop to the level of your average outhouse turd-burgler because someone feels that he has found all of the correct answers in life.

Well, I'm off to go watch some Stan Brakhage films set to a Buckethead soundtrack, probably disc four of the Death Cube K--Monolith set; with that said, I know that I'm "a ****ing idiot and a weirdo without a clue as to what constitutes good taste". By "admitting" so I seem to have stolen whatever heat the Buckethead-*****ers may have had brewing over the last minute or two. Sorry about that. Maybe you can still have a few moments of exhilaration while you feverishly try to dissect my grammar skills and spelling, eh? We Buckethead fans strive to practice being as pretentious as possible you know, otherwise every moron in the galaxy would start trying to decipher his paintings ("He's a painter too?! Jeez, he must REALLY suck at playing guitar then!"), listening to his music, and drooling over his videos. All of the comfy conventions in guitar-playing could be lost forever! We'd much rather that "you guys" stuck to the talking heads on the idiot box for the latest update on what guitarist currently has the sexiest guitar-playing face, most historical popularity, or safe-n-stale playing style instead.

P.S. While "you guys" are bobbing for ***-turds this Halloween, don't forget to poke the prostate with the open end of the Tabasco bottle. Oh, and don't forget to give that ol' christial region a good wiping afterwards(don't worry, you'll never find out what that is no matter how much you search for it on Google).

*Without further hesitation, I will now allow the administrators to firmly execute a duty of utmost importance: to ban me so that I need not worry about having the chance to return to this land of many good folks, but a few feces-soaked tampon-trolls who ruin it for others. Not that I ever see myself wanting to return here in the future.

Signed,

Dat Dollarin' Azz

*Hmm....been a while n' those mods who are *****-*** fakers seem to be OK with my post. Well, I suppose the real man-child must learn for himself the difference between right and wrong just like every other toddler with a ****-streak running up the back of his coattails,eh? Que sera, sera...

Banned for this?! You really are a newbie!

I admit that there are a "few" people here who take this subject a "little" too seriously, but they're OPINIONS and you know what they say about opinions?

And I can tell you from my own personal feeling, even without the "look" his music wouldn't appeal to me. I have NOTHING but respect for his skills as a musician/guitarist, but not his music.

Im on the fence with Buckethead. He can play and I think he proved his worth in his time with GnR... That said I'm not a fan of his music.. Its just not for me...

Is Buckethead a woman? He has very small slim womanly hands....

Just a suggestion..

I think something people fail to realize is that Buckethead has a sense of humor. His music reflects this sometime. Oh well. Here are some awesome tracks that you don't, won't, and probably never will enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT by Mod, 12. Show some restraint on the amount of images you post. Posts or topics with many images are a strain on dial-up users, so please be courteous.

Im on the fence with Buckethead. He can play and I think he proved his worth in his time with GnR... That said I'm not a fan of his music.. Its just not for me...

Is Buckethead a woman? He has very small slim womanly hands....

Just a suggestion..

Very small? He's about 6'6 and has huge hands but he's pretty skinny. He plays a guitar that's 10% bigger because of his size. He's not a woman. The song Velocidad posted, "Big D's Touch" is supposedly about his girlfriend.

The more I watch of this guy the more he is growing on me; I love his use of sound the most. It is a treat to the ears! :D

Matt

that's pretty cool

just remember that outside of bucketheadland, when you leave from time to time, people cannot survive fatalities, and cutting off limbs and buying cut off heads is frowned upon, and certainly, most certainly, do not treat a gorey head stump as it is good luck, cause it's just like being on a race track in F-Zero GX, cause when you're playing it you can go over 2000 mph, but when you go outside the coop to ride to bucketheadland, you gotta go the speed limit... or not.

The bucket and mask is just a gimmick. Tons of musicians over the years have had silly gimmicks. Kiss, David Bowie, Alice Cooper, GWAR, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson.

And, as many of you may already know, almost all rock musicians work very hard to design their "stage presence" which is not the same as who they are in person. Their "stage act" is usually relatively flamboyant, cocky, or whatever it is they're going for. It's usually larger than life and an exaggeration of a particular image or symbol that means a lot to either themselves or their music or both.

He's no different, just another rock artist who's got a flamboyant stage act with gimmicks. I don't know why this is dragging on for so long, he's really not that special. I like his music, but then again I like a lot of music and it's not my life's goal to convert the world to my tastes.

As for his signature guitar, big deal. So it's another over priced hunk of wood to display on a wall. I'd take it over a reverse flying V any day, but that's another story.

I thought all guitarists were gimmicky, isn't that how things work? Generally guitarists, well, most electric guitarists are terrible musicians and require things other that solely their music to appeal to an audience. But then again, audiences are generally not composed of great musicians, usually just electric guitarists.

good thing bucket isn't a guitarist.

Archived