Gibson Brands Forums

F/S-J 185TV, Nat'l Estralita, D18vs, UMGF 0018vs

Geoffrey Lawton

What a difference a day makes. I have to sell the greater portion of my collection to pay for some unforeseen expenses. Alll of the guitars are in excellent to like-new condition and come with their original hard shell cases – also in excellent condition. Here they are:

Martin D18VS – custom amberburst with adi top. 2350.00 plus shipping. I purchased this guitar from a umgf member a while back. It was initially ordered through MFG. It’s a beautiful Martin – fine burst. Plenty of volume and punch and the sustain is very nice. It’s a great example of the 12-fret Martin, imho (I’ve owned a couple – this one’s the best). I have a sheet of firestripe pguard material (Greven) that will go with this one (the old one has seen some use). Now 2250.00 plus shipping

Martin 0018vs - #10. Has a Greven firestripe pguard (very sharp). The top center seam cracked last winter (between the bridge and the lower bout). Stabilized (cleated) by authorized Martin luthier in Boston. 2100.00 plus shipping. Lots of punch and volume with plenty of sustain to boot. The top has aged nicely (regardless of the crack). Beautifully figured mahog sides and back. Very comfortable to play. Now 2000.00 plus shipping

National Estralita/Harlem Slim – wood-bodied National with a big chunky neck. Great slider. 1200.00 plus shipping. The neck is a deep U shape. I was a little scared when I received it and grabbed it out of its case (I have pretty small hands). But I can easily get my thumb up and over it to barre the low F for the F chord. Now 1100.00 plus shipping

Gibson J185 TV – **SOLD**

More to come.

E me with your questions and for pix.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

landrylawton@verizon.net

Archived