Gibson Brands Forums

You wait for an Sg to come along....

Dinosauria

...and 1 come along at once.

I ended up picking up an SG in teal. The metallic colour is a beautiful thing to behold. I like it's retro vibe:

TealSGsmall01.jpg

TealSGsmall04.jpg

TealSGsmall05.jpg

TealSgsmall06.jpg

Then a few days later I had the chance to try out a '61 reissue (with standard pots, not the PCB) and the neck is to die for. I had to take it.

SG61reissueSmall.jpg

It's a bit of a looker. I got it before I found the '61 RI so it's not guaranteed a permanent home with me. If I do keep it I'll most likely pop some humbucker sized P-90s into it though. I think it'd be a good match. Maybe even a P=90 and a burstbucker or something.

Funny... I was just thinking some p90s in that would be sweet.

You could put regular p90s in it too. You just have to get a new pickguard & do very minimal routing.

Personally, I'd wait for an SG Classic pickguard with original pickups to show up on eBay.

First time I've seen a Teal SG ' date=' it's really nice.

Being a hockey fan, I couldn't help but imagine a San Jose Sharks logo somewhere on the headstock or body !

[/quote']

-100k. Yuck! Some day we'll look back on the team colors from the late 80's and wonder what the NHL was thinking. For a guitar, that is one sexy color. For a hockey team, not so much.

Nice SG Special! Is that an ebony fret board I see?

I think so. There is the possibility that it's very dark rosewood but it doesn't seem rough enough.

I don't think the teal Flip Flop colour was very popular when it was released so it should be quite easy to find one. This one's from 2001.

Archived