Gibson Brands Forums

Pick guard on or off?

Alekseriator

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's strictly a cosmetic thing.

I don't know of anybody who actually needs one on a Les Paul.

Well' date=' you might [b']need [/b]it to cover the holes and the ding from the attachment bolt if it's already been installed by someone! #-o

I take them off anyway though.

Depends on what kind of mood I'm in, right now it's off. I may put it back on...tomorrow? Same thing with truss covers, sometimes I'll reverse it to the white side, or I have a Gibson cover says "SG" on it I'll put on my Les Paul just to f@ck with people.

its all based on preference bc i doubt you would actually need it to protect the body from pick scratches unless you are just ridiculously wild with the strumming. mine came without drillholes/installed pickguard so i had a choice. i decided to do that screwless pickguard thing so i didnt have to damage the body, and i can go pickguard or no pickguard just by unscrewing from the pickup rings. to each their own so if you like it on, then put one on :)

Special tops-No

Bursts and solids-Yes

A black Les Paul Custom with white pickguard is cool.

A white Les Paul Custom with black pickguard is cool.

Guess it just depends.

If the guitar came with one-Yes

If not-No

How's that for a definately/maybe:-"

Same here. My 1960 Classic w/Sunburst, I left it on.

My Standard Faded Tobacco w/flames, I took it off. Unfortunately the previous owner put it on.

I was wondering what the best way would be to fill the hole, or holes?

The one on the binding isn't so bad, but the one on the top next to the neck pickup bothers me!

I've left it alone so far until I find out a good way to fill it?

Archived