Gibson Brands Forums

My new music room

Gilliangirl

This is in my music room. Actually my converted shop outside it has full size frig for cold beverages and enough room for playing small gigs.

Picture045.jpg

This was taken new years eve in my music room / man cave I was playing for a small group. You can also see part of my vintage collection of old stuff I have in there as well.

scan0001.jpg

I will get some better pictures when I clean it up a bit.

I also don't have any photos of my newest aquisition in my music room yet. Just got it on Saturday..... Pretty sweet little custom parts-caster. It is a luthier built 3 piece Mahogany body with a 70's (big headstock) Fender maple neck with jumbo frets. It has Custom Shop Texas Specials pickups and it sounds devine. It will look very nice in my next round of music room photos... (I still have to install some String T's though)

CustomStrat2.jpg

CustomStrat3.jpg

CustomStrat4.jpg

CustomStrat6.jpg

HOLY SH*T

I'm in love

Nice Music Rooms. I am getting ready to set one up in an upstairs spare bedroom. I have to move the beds out. My wife had it repainted last summer so that is taken care off. I hope I can come up with something as nice as some of you have shown.

I have electric and acoustic guitars and all the things that go along. I have also been a drummer in the past so I traded for a drum set the other day also. Should be a good winter project.

bluejayway.jpg

I remember when women used to dress men up in tuxedos like that to get married in.

Finally, men got stones and said, "unh uh."

I told my boys that the only thing you can control in the weddin' is what you put on your back. Stand your ground. You ain't no Ken doll.

Actually, that is a good looking suit. But, the fuffled shirt and bow tie big enough for the back of the flowergirl's dress have got to go.

HOLY SH*T

I'm in love

Thanks Dom... I got to jam with it last night at my Rock camp for Dad's group and it sounded amazing, especially considering I was in a room of nothing but Humbucker equipped guitars. The Strat really stood out. (As did my Gibson AJ which was the only acoustic in the room too.) The Mahoganny body combined with the Maple neck and Texas Specials gives an amazing warm, yet still "Chimey" tone to this guitar. I have played a bunch of Strats but I think I may have found a favorite electric now. (I like this better than my old Eric Clapton Signature Strat I owned!)

I used to have an SG (long' date=' long time ago)

[img']http://www.allyouneedisjoe.com/bluejayway.jpg[/img]

great look, joe! aint it funny what goes around comes around? what year was this? i see a lot of indie bands and know alot of the young guys in the indie scene here and many of them copy this look. seems like the thing to do is emulate a rural image - beard, plaid shirt, highway patrol shades, name your band after something to do with a farm, animal..etc. but you were the original, joe!

I guess that was 1979. Yea, I know.....I'm old!! Actually it was the evening of a performance at the LA Marriot Hotel for the "first" Beatlefest in LA. My band was called BlueJayWay. This was before Beatlemania, BeatleFever, Liverpool, Yesterday, and other Beatles bands I toured with.

great look' date=' joe! aint it funny what goes around comes around? what year was this? i see a lot of indie bands and know alot of the young guys in the indie scene here and many of them copy this look. seems like the thing to do is emulate a rural image - beard, plaid shirt, highway patrol shades, name your band after something to do with a farm, animal..etc. but you were the original, joe![/quote']

Thanks Dom... I got to jam with it last night at my Rock camp for Dad's group and it sounded amazing' date=' especially considering I was in a room of nothing but Humbucker equipped guitars. The Strat really stood out. (As did my Gibson AJ which was the only acoustic in the room too.) The Mahoganny body combined with the Maple neck and Texas Specials gives an amazing warm, yet still "Chimey" tone to this guitar. I have played a bunch of Strats but I think I may have found a favorite electric now. (I like this better than my old Eric Clapton Signature Strat I owned!) [/quote']

now if you ever get sick of all this electric mumbo jumbo... or anything...

you know what to do

Not beggin..

;P

Archived