Gibson Brands Forums

Does this pedal exist?

nikko18

So I don't know if this is real or not, It is just something that I thought of that I am assuming may have already been invented. What I am thinking of is a pedal like wah or volume pedal, one that you press back and forth with your foot except it controls distortion/overdrive/gain. The farther you press it forward the more gain you get.

Does any one know if this exist?

So I don't know if this is real or not' date=' It is just something that I thought of that I am assuming may have already been invented. What I am thinking of is a pedal like wah or volume pedal, one that you press back and forth with your foot except it controls distortion/overdrive/gain. The farther you press it forward the more gain you get.

Does any one know if this exist?[/quote']

Everyone of us has at least two of them.

There have been fuzz/volume pedals but I don't know about a distortion/volume pedal. One thing you could do is get a volume pedal and run it in front of your favorite dirt pedal and that would control the amount of distortion just like your guitar's volume knob would.

So I don't know if this is real or not' date=' It is just something that I thought of that I am assuming may have already been invented. What I am thinking of is a pedal like wah or volume pedal, one that you press back and forth with your foot except it controls distortion/overdrive/gain. The farther you press it forward the more gain you get.

Does any one know if this exist?[/quote']

My only thought would be to run a volume pedal before distortion.

I understand the difference between a volume and what you are thinking of.

A volume works if distortion is already provided. You are wanting to go from clean at volume to distortion at similiar volume.

I don't know of a pedal that can do that. I think they would have to time a pedal in such a way as to decrease volume as distortion increases. A little tricky maybe.

There is a way to do it.. kinda...

What you need is two amps and a pan pedal. One amp is your distorted amp and one is clean (better if it's only kinda clean maybe). The pan pedal lets you pan between the two. You can go from all of one to all of the other and anything in between.

Hello. I'm new. Been observing for awhile though. Anyways you could hook this up to the gain knob on yer OD/Distortion pedal. Haven't tried one but it has a lot of possibilities.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/tip.php

Archived