GusSG916

Fake Gibson Les Paul Custom?

The pics arent exactly what I'd call sufficient... but

From what I can see it looks legit...

Flip the guy off for me..

I hate ppl who brag about their _____ being better than your ____

wait a tick...

There is no dot on the I not even combining with the G

Your right! I just zoomed in and no I...either its one of those rare gibsons with no I's...but now im defintley leaning to fake. Nice find dude.

Your right! I just zoomed in and no I...either its one of those rare gibsons with no I's...but now im defintley leaning to fake. Nice find dude.

I get something right about once a month :-/

Lol thats right how the hell could I not see the tittle, (Btw the dot over the i is called a tittle). I just got contacts yesterday and theyre really bothering me so I probably didnt see that. So overall you guys think its a fake? Ill try and get clearer pictures tomorrow if he brings it.

Some Gibsons don't always have the I dot, we need to see the back of the headstock and see how the wood is, not to

mention a good pic of the body etc.

most likely FAKE, no dot over the i and if it were a real Gibson I sure as hell wouldnt put it in a super sh***y case like that. also if you guys havent noticed the headstock isnt curved like a real Gibson is.

Junior yes, guitar theory yes, my bindra no, mr holmes, and 16 not 15! btw my phone delted all my contacts so I need ur number again and actually I have ditched and went to a park to jam with friends, great day!!!

RAWR you loser but whos guitar is that, the tittle really makes you wonder and if there is no serial number then we need to see a full body shot.

(Edit by Mod, I strongly suggest not to post a phone number on this or any forum)

Junior yes' date=' guitar theory yes, my bindra no, mr holmes, and 16 not 15! btw my phone delted all my contacts so I need ur number again and actually I have ditched and went to a park to jam with friends, great day!!![/quote']

It is "have ditched and gone" not "went". I was joking about ditching. Stay in school.

Ya dont be illiterate, if you were to stay in skul you would know how to spell!! And if you can blow up the picutres that would help, I dont have my contact on atm and I broke my glasses D:

I'd STRONGLY suggest removing your phone number from your post.

MODS?

Doesnt really matter, I blocked all number that arent in California, I got to unretrict a number so they can call, text or w/e

And shadup Im only blind in 1 eye and that wasnt my fault I lost my vision 3 years ago, stupid locker and ya I put on my contact and it doesnt really help me, just take better picutres!

Ya Ill try to take a picture if he brings it, but I'm positive that all Gibson's have a serial number and this one doesn't! And nobody wants to hear how you want blind in one eye, its not interesting!!!

Here's a little info you WON'T learn in HS!

From 1952 to 1968 the dot of the i in Gibson was not joined to the G, and the b and o were not continuously solid.

From 1968 the "i" LOST it's dot, and the b and the o became continuously solid.

In 1972 the dotted i appeared again, but then came and went (with confusing irregularity) until 1981.

From 1981, the o and n were linked at the top, and not at the bottom as usual. However, the usual style was soon reintroduced, and the two versions have been used ever since.

Another good sign is the size of the block inlays, as MANY fake LP Customs (and Epi LP Customs) have slightly smaller inlays than the real ones.

So, I am going to say it's most likely real, and if the kid who owns it (or his parents) knew what it was worth? He probably wouldn't want to be taking it to school!

Oh, and BTW? This is a forum, NOT a chat room! I'm just sayin'.:)