Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Gibson Les Paul Custom?

GusSG916

Ya I know, Im just hyper, like a lot, heck Id start a conversation with you right now but there would be no point to it see Im just random like that :) and thanks for the info it helps but then again what about the serial number, theres no serial number from what he tells us.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya I know' date=' Im just hyper, like a lot, heck Id start a conversation with you right now but there would be no point to it see Im just random like that :) and thanks for the info it helps but then again what about the serial number, theres no serial number from what he tells us.[/quote']Have him get a good pic of the back of the headstock, and post it. Many of us can tell buy THAT alone without even seeing a serial #.

Sometimes the serial #s aren't stamped hard enough to leave a very good impression, but a good angled shot with A LOT of light should reveal at least some detail of the impression.

Doesnt really matter' date=' I blocked all number that arent in California, I got to unretrict a number so they can call, text or w/e[/quote']

Believe me, someone trying to phone is the least of your problems if they get a hold of your phone number.

Thanks Mods.

(welcome, Da Mods)

(Edit by Mod' date=' I strongly suggest not to post a phone number on this or any forum) [/quote']

Good job (I'm assuming Jocko)

(Yup, you be right on that edit)

Watch what you post on the internet

Doesnt really matter' date=' I blocked all number that arent in California, I got to unretrict a number so they can call, text or w/e

And shadup Im only blind in 1 eye and that wasnt my fault I lost my vision 3 years ago, stupid locker and ya I put on my contact and it doesnt really help me, just take better picutres![/quote']

do you realy know how easy its to send a text message to a phone number through internett? or trace it back to the owner? takes you 1 sec.

need more pics, but i don't see anything yet that convinces me that Custom is fake.

tuners are correct, headstock is close enough to the real variations. Gibson inlay looks reasonable.

T/R cover looks correct. frets are about right. can't tell about the body though....

don't put much stock in the case. guitar cases get damaged, lost, stolen and replaced all the time.

of course so do the guitars...

do you realy know how easy its to send a text message to a phone number through internett? or trace it back to the owner? takes you 1 sec.

I use to do it back then when the service was free...now u can either pay for it or download it...but it takes to much room.

Every phone that has internet has a proxy that traces back to the phone number and ISP, you can easily hide it like I do by easily adjusting the settings.

Well back to topic, I have people saying fake and others saying real......... I didnt get more pictures today due to him not bringing it, sorry Ill try to get some later on.

I'm telling you beyond ANY shaddow of a doubt! It's 100% real!

Believe me, I've been dealing with LPs my WHOLE life (27 years), and know ALL of them like the back of my hand.

Here's a '72 LP Custom (which I believe is what's in the pics)

79%20gibson%20les%20paul%20custom%20silverburst%20b1-2.jpg

And here's a Headstock pic of an early '70s Custom (Note: no dot above the "i")

LesPaul2.JPG

NO I REFUSE TO LET HIM WIN!!

I know he's not wealthy enough to own a Custom let alone a Gibson' date=' Im not trying to be a jerk but its true, I know he doesnt have that kinda money so where the hell did this Custom come from![/quote']

(Edit by Mod) Move on kid. Nobody likes a whiner.

NO I REFUSE TO LET HIM WIN!!

I know he's not wealthy enough to own a Custom let alone a Gibson' date=' Im not trying to be a jerk but its true, I know he doesnt have that kinda money so where the hell did this Custom come from![/quote']

Hey welcome to the real world...life is'nt fair etc. There is always going to be somebody that has

a better this or that and apear a jerk or undeserving. It is a waste of your time to get bent out of shape about it.

Looks real to me...

And, both DAS and Dem00n seem to agree it is a fake SO IT MUST BE REAL.

About the lack of serial number and "made in usa" thingy... for a time they inked the SN and for a time they stamped it, so if it's an old guitar that has been played a lot it could have just faded away. The case is not a big deal if the guitar is old, gibson cases are not as durable as fender cases (which are made by SKB), so a player's guitar would need a new case after a few years of gigs and abuse.

Ya its a dude rockstar and can you take a picture of the back headstock and a full body shot of the back?
The HS pic isn't mine (I should only be so lucky), but a couple of things to look for are:

Back of headstock

- side "wings" (extra wood on both sides of the HS)

- "clean" control cavities

(Edit by Mod) Move on kid. Nobody likes a whiner.

(Edit by Mod) I'm not being a **** saying he doesnt deserve one Im saying where the hell do you find thousands of dollars when this kid still owes people money since 2 years ago. It really doesnt make sense. Its like having a Epiphone and one day waking up with a Gibson Les Paul Supreme, makes no sense. Ill take clearer pics next time but it puzzles me a lot. It took me years before I had enough for a Gibson and I work this kid doesnt.

And there is absolutely no serial number anywhere and nothing on the headstock, no fading, none of that, Ill take a clearer pic but theres nothing there, its just plain, no sign of fading or anything. I checked everywhere for the serial number or Made In U.S.A stamp. And the back has 5 screws instead of 4. I cant check the cavity chamber since I dont want to take it apart nor will I think he will want me to.

Are you stupid or just not paying attention? I'm not being a **** saying he doesnt deserve one Im saying where the hell do you find thousands of dollars when this kid still owes people money since 2 years ago.

Bluemoon is not stupid, not at all.

Ok, maybe a little bit [-o<

Ok, he is a retard=d> , but still his post was about your "NO I CANT LET HIM WIN" comment. So chill out.

By the way, I took the liberty of reporting your post as abusive :)/

Welcome to the forum by the way...

Archived