Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GusSG916

Fake Gibson Les Paul Custom?

...<3 and from the looks of it' date=' Freddy has a legit Custom but not better than my Standard =D> by the way I noticed that we both have standards :D[/quote']

Hmmmmmmmmm Im not good with Les Paul, Im only a SG man and there was no need for you to quote that.

I was pretty much joking with you. But serious about the dumpster diving Gibson parts.

If this is the real deal, be happy for him, not jealous. There's something in that big 'ol book about coveting being bad.

Resentment is like YOU drinking the poison and expecting him to die.

All this time you've been stressing over him and his guitar, he's been happily playing at home. As a bonus, you've found this forum, which has some of the experts in the world.

@GuitarJunie: ROFL why do you have my posts as ur sig? not kul and I meant to put "I dont have my contact on, I can only see through one eye D:

@Gus: Well study up then, I dont know a lot about Gibsons but I know a lot about Fenders... unfortunately :|

I was pretty much joking with you. But serious about the dumpster diving Gibson parts.

If this is the real deal' date=' be happy for him, not jealous. There's something in that big 'ol book about coveting being bad.

Resentment is like YOU drinking the poison and expecting him to die.

All this time you've been stressing over him and his guitar, he's been happily playing at home. As a bonus, you've found this forum, which has some of the experts in the world.

[/quote']

I dont stay up at night plotting to make his life hell. I go on with my life but it pisses me off that he has the nerve to call me out on my Gibson and Stacy is the one who referred me here, I woulda asked me old gee-tar teacher but hes outa state and I dont wanna text him but I can live on... FOR NOW

@Stacy, ya know? I m getting tired of you making fun of me, watch next time you come over to my house and btw YOU ARE GAY TO MUHAHAHA ima put that as my sig and you do know the whole story about Leonardo Fender right? Like how he started it and all? If so then you would know GIBSON FKN OWNS FENDER but who knows thats just my opinion.......................................*cough*

I dont stay up at night plotting to make his life hell. I go on with my life but it pisses me off that he has the nerve to call me out on my Gibson and Stacy is the one who referred me here' date=' I woulda asked me old gee-tar teacher but hes outa state and I dont wanna text him but I can live on... FOR NOW

@Stacy, ya know? I m getting tired of you making fun of me, watch next time you come over to my house and btw YOU ARE GAY TO MUHAHAHA ima put that as my sig and you do know the whole story about Leonardo Fender right? Like how he started it and all? If so then you would know GIBSON FKN OWNS FENDER but who knows thats just my opinion.......................................*cough*[/quote']

Before I start let me say, Ya Im gay to I was at your house Saturday when you werent there and yes I know the whole Fender stroy because I told you about it!! Now back to topic, inlays are correct, headstock is well put, the serial number is questionale, the body is well put, and so is the bridge and tuners, by the looks of it, its REAL OMG MOVE ON WITH UR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Freddy continues to flame you it doesnt matter since you've been playing longer than him and you're better than him! (but not better than me, ILL FKN OWN you)

GusSG919. A little advice from an old guy, through out your life you are going to meet people who have more or better stuff than you. That's ok .I'm 47 and it still happens to me . It's ok don't worry about it. It doesn't make those people better than anyone, it's just stuff that they have. Enjoy the guitar you have and let others enjoy theirs.If you don't want this advice tell me where to go. You won't be the first or last. that's my 2 bits worth.

GusSG919. A little advice from an old guy' date=' through out your life you are going to meet people who have more or better stuff than you. That's ok .I'm 47 and it still happens to me . It's ok don't worry about it. It doesn't make those people better than anyone, it's just stuff that they have. Enjoy the guitar you have and let others enjoy theirs.If you don't want this advice tell me where to go. You won't be the first or last. that's my 2 bits worth.[/quote']

Ditto, like Im way better than you and my guitars will own you to but you just have to move on with life =D>

Oh ya for sure I know that but Im just skeptical about it, I have a actual Fender 80's Stratocaster that I have in my other thread and its worth a little over $3,500 but thats not the case, its him being a *** and calling me out on me SG that really bothers me and Stacy your parents bought you all (when I say all I mean your only 2) guitars so... ya

Oh ya for sure I know that but Im just skeptical about it' date=' I have a actual Fender 80's Stratocaster that I have in my other thread and its worth a little over $3,500 but thats not the case, its him being a *** and calling me out on me SG that really bothers me and Stacy your parents bought you all (when I say all I mean your only 2) guitars so... ya[/quote']

Actually I paid for my Les Paul like 3 months after my parents bought it so technically I bought it and this is totally off topic but some guy on this forum started texting me, Im guessing he got my phone number from when I posted it and hey texted me like at 12 at night right when I was about to turn off my phone and hey just said "So you have a LP standard?" im like wtf so I started talking to him and eventually we started talking about all this guitar history and whatnot but I still dont know who it is but he seems pretty cool to talk to and Im still talking to him and its pretty interesting even though he texts me like at random time from like 10 in the morning to 3pm to 12 at night, its weird and fun at the same time lol

Dont mean to go off topic but this I just got like 5 mins ago.

Picture26.jpg

And yes I did reply saying "yes lol" :D

It is real' date=' and YES it is a Norlin-era Custom.

Wasn't questioning the authenticity of this guitar. I think it's real.

Just wondered if anyone has seen any faked Norlin guitars.I'll bet not[/quote']Sorry Cam! I didn't mean to quote you!

I thought I saw someone else saying something about it being a fake Norlin Custom. My bad!:D

OK so now that we have pretty much settle that it is real what else is there.

=D> :D

Well, I guess we could go back to the way things used to be, before the forum became a CHAT ROOM! (Gus & Stacy, this means YOU!) j/k:d/

NO I REFUSE TO LET HIM WIN!!

I know he's not wealthy enough to own a Custom let alone a Gibson' date=' Im not trying to be a jerk but its true, I know he doesnt have that kinda money so where the hell did this Custom come from![/quote']

I purchased a brand new LPC (the one in my sig) when I was a junior in high school. I was 16.5 years old.

You want something bad enough, you'll work three jobs to get it like I did.

I purchased a brand new LPC (the one in my sig) when I was a junior in high school. I was 16.5 years old.

You want something bad enough' date=' you'll work three jobs to get it like I did.[/quote']

+1

I had like 16 years working all summer to pay me my Gibson Sg Std.

In life when one does something, is that we do not want ... otherwise it gives them the means!

It does serve is nothing to be jealous.

Ever think that maybe he's just trying to bust your balls regarding your SG?

If I were him I'd be laughing. You're all riled up, venting on a message board about how he was ragging on your SG.

Laugh with him, suck it up and don't be a whiney little baby....and then jam away with him.

If I were him I'd be laughing. You're all riled up' date=' venting on a message board about how he was ragging on your SG.

Laugh with him, suck it up and don't be a whiney little baby....and then jam away with him. [/quote']

We do not have the balls!

Rather good for him ..

And indeed we do have models more relevant than his.

If I were him I'd be laughing. You're all riled up' date=' venting on a message board about how he was ragging on your SG.

Laugh with him, suck it up and don't be a whiney little baby....and then jam away with him. [/quote']

I came here to learn one thing, whether or not this Custom was fake or real, I did so close this thread now, and no I will not laugh with him nor jam with him, hes not worth my time, I have better guitars than him either way and Im not being cocky here but I better than him, Ive seen him play at his best and he hasnt seen me play at my best, we play 2 totally different styles of music. Something about him staying my SG sucks triggers my brain to being pissed off so Im sorry if it doesnt make you made like it makes me, I already feel like beating him down and if he says it again I just might. Thanks for the info, thats all I needed. Out

I came here to learn one thing' date=' whether or not this Custom was fake or real, I did so close this thread now, and no I will not laugh with him nor jam with him, hes not worth my time, I have better guitars than him either way and Im not being cocky here but I better than him, Ive seen him play at his best and he hasnt seen me play at my best, we play 2 totally different styles of music. Something about him staying my SG sucks triggers my brain to being pissed off so Im sorry if it doesnt make you made like it makes me, I already feel like beating him down and if he says it again I just might. Thanks for the info, thats all I needed. Out[/quote']

You're going to run into that with a lot people. You Just need to be the better person about otherwise he is going to goat into fight mode all the time.

I wouldn't give this kid the time of day or the satisfaction of getting to you.

hes not worth my time

:-k:-s :) #-o

But here you are' date=' whining bout him and telling us, and inquiring about his guitar's authenticity... and days have passed and still you are here talking abou thim.

Please someone explain it to me 'cause I can't understand!default_eusa_wall.gif