Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Gibson Les Paul Custom?

GusSG916

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be one on the back of the head stock near the top. If this guitar was made after 1977 then it should be a any easy look up if not then best thing is open of the pot cavity and get the codes of the CTS which start with 137. That should put it in the right year there as well.

"Spam,spam,spam,spam...."

Ah yes. Monthy Python would be proud.

No they wouldn't.

This thread is akin to trying your hardest not to scratch your arse in public,but you just have to. I put off replying for as long as I could. feel better now I've gotten it outta my system.

YEAH!

Back on topic for a while. (I've not trawled through all 10 pages so bare with me)

It looks a tasty enough guitar. It's hard to see but the body looks to have the very shallow, almost non exsistent 'dish of the late 70's early 80's LP, and the shallow head stock angle. But not the maple necks of that period. Just the right amount of 'cracking' on the neck binding near the frets as my 1980 LPC as well. Strange stop piece though. So saying that, if it was from the 70/80's then he has paid too much for it even if it was real IMO. If it was worth 6000 it would need to be a bit older than what the body looks like (dish etc)

Gee, I don't know I would not really like to say one way or the other.

Archived