Gibson Brands Forums

I wait paitently for my first time.

GusSG916

I waited and I waited so patiently for my first time... to get a Gibson. I had enough money for about 3 years to get a Gibson but I wanted to wait till' I was worthy. I'd rather have a Epiphone and practice than to have a Gibson and not know how to play so thats what I did. This Christmas I said that I wanted to get myself something nice and on my 10th year... 1 decade of playing guitar I said "It's time". I go to GuitarCenter (Only place Ill ever buy a guitar) and looked at the Gibsons. I tryed out just about all the Les Paul but none of them felt right and finally I said "Let me see a SG" and so they handed me a Gibson SG Standard in Cherry Red and as soon as I plugged her in I fell in love lol. It sounded soooo much sexier than any of my Fenders. And after playing it after about an hour I couldnt put her down and so I bought the SG. I didnt bother to play any other SG or see any other color. I paid over $1,800 for her but its worth every penny. Since then I changed her straplocks, got her some new bridges and got her action adjusted for low quick playing. Here she is!!!

ag2.jpg

hs2.jpg

Here's she is next to my Fender 80's Strat:

sgf.jpg

I actually do got a very good GuitarCenter near me, its like HUGE, they hold many competitions and promotions, I go in there so many times that I know a lot of the workers names and when I go in I wave and say "Hi Austin" or whoever is on the shift. lol

wait... $1800? are we talking Canadian dollars here?

That is my question too. 1800 USD for a new SG Standard is crazy. I usually see them for around 1200. I am not trying to dog your new axe or rain on your parade, just want to know.

wait... $1800? are we talking Canadian dollars here?

SOLD!!!... lol j/k

A movie ticket here costs $10 and a small popcorn is $4.50 and a at the McDonalds Dollar Menu a cheeseburger costs $2!!! lol j/k about the mcdonalds thing but ya everything is expensive here or at least where I live. I dont want to go complaining to Gibson that I paid too much or go to GC and throw the guitar back in their face. Its my guitar and I paid for it, Im not complaining and Im happy with my Gibson...

If you paid $1800 for a new Standard' date='then how'd you like to buy my '61 RI for $4000??!![/quote']

SOLD!!!... lol j/k

A movie ticket here costs $10 and a small popcorn is $4.50 and a at the McDonalds Dollar Menu a cheeseburger costs $2!!! lol j/k about the mcdonalds thing but ya everything is expensive here or at least where I live. I dont want to go complaining to Gibson that I paid too much or go to GC and throw the guitar back in their face. Its my guitar and I paid for it, Im not complaining and Im happy with my Gibson...

I got a blah for $blah at my music store. Seriously get a life. When you buy an instrument as long as it's worth that price to you who gives a damn?! It took me a looong time time for me to find a Gibson i was REALLY happy with. It's fairly easy to find a cheap Gibson, but cheaper doesn't= better. Especially with the current anarchic output of Gibson.

Raining on someones parade just for the sake of it is is plain sh!tt and petty.

Archived