Gibson Brands Forums

Which Song Do You Find Most Torturous?

NeoConMan

I loved Glen Campbell but everytime I hear the words Rhinestone Cowboy, I think about that song Wine-stoned Plowboy +:-@

It was a toss-up between We Built This City and Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, to which the answer is 'yes, I want to really hurt you'.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7sm_1kIIU[/YOUTUBE]

Culture Club by a mile.

I like the rest.

C'mon Neo, what about your country's finest export (and indeed our finest import!) in the last 30 years - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond? (or anything by Beyonce.........I'm going to stop now or I could be here all day.)

As much as I dislike the others, I had to vote for the Scartrip "song(?)" We builty this pity.........

My reason being that some of the members of the band that did "White Rabbit" and other GREAT songs sold out totally and completely with this......this........radio pablum.

All we neeeeed, is radio gaga.......radio googoo............(its radio POOPOO)

Okay, you've heard the story about some "arteests" who are whining because the Evil Government uses music for "torture" in some instances. It's a common tactic used anyplace you have people holed up and you want them to come out peacefully instead of just blowing them to pieces - which is usually my first choice.

:-

Military does it, FBI does it, CIA does it, SWAT teams do it, many Sheriff's departments....

What would you use to get under the skin of gun and explosive-wielding murderers?

How would you "reach" people who have no regard for human life?

How would you make them decide "Oh my GOD!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!"

So far, we got;

"Achy Breaky Heart," Billy Ray Cyrus 28 %

"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" Culture Club 47 %

"Rhinestone Cowboy," Glen Campbell 0 %

"Burning Love," Elvis Presley 0 %

"We Built This City," Starship 23 %

Any other suggestions are fine by me!

:-/

I voted for Rhinestone Cowboy. I dont even know what to say about that song. But the 1 song that tortures me from beginning to end is "Old Time Rock n Roll" by Bob Seger. That song just flat out sucks. It makes me want to start shooting :-

Tough call between "Achy Breaky Heart" and "We Built This City" but I had to give it to Billy Ray because he annoys me on multiple levels. I'm a little disappointed to see Culture Club on the list as I actually like some of their songs, including that one (really!).

Achy Breaky because it still gets requested once in a while. If I don't have to play them, they are only uncomfortable, not torturous :D

BTW, you neglected to add Macarena and the Lou Bega version of Mambo Number 5 (although the original Perez Prado version is pretty good).

Fortunately all three of these have died out in popularity, and don't get requested very often anymore.

Insights and incites by Notes

Okay' date=' you've heard the story about some "arteests" who are whining because the Evil Government uses music for "torture" in some instances. It's a common tactic used anyplace you have people holed up and you want them to come out peacefully instead of just blowing them to pieces - which is usually my first choice.

:D

Military does it, FBI does it, CIA does it, SWAT teams do it, many Sheriff's departments....

What would you use to get under the skin of gun and explosive-wielding murderers?

How would you "reach" people who have no regard for human life?

How would you make them decide [b']"Oh my GOD!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!"[/b]

Free bird... over and over. And stairway to heaven.

In fact, I believe radios around the world playing those 2 songs over and over over the years have prevented lots of bad people from doing very bad things =P~

Hell, with those 2 songs sometimes I feel like I could just get out of the car, with my head on fire, screaming "please make it stop".

All of those are pretty bad, but nothing hurts my ears more than post rehab Aerosmith. My two torture songs would be

Love in an Elevator

Just push play (although that truck commercial did bring about hours of laughs imitating Steven Tyler "ba-daba-bon-do-di-ba" or whatever garbage he is scatting).

'How would you "reach" people who have no regard for human life?'

If I were trying to get information from health insurance industry lobbyists and John Boehner I'd use recordings of the screams people emit when they get their medical bills (assuming they didn't forgo treatment and died because they didn't have the money or medical coverage that the lobbyists and Congress has). I would also have to hold some money under their noses though, I suspect.

Archived