Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursted's 2010 World Tour

Silverbursted

Well it's going to seem that way anyway. Actually my World Tour starts next Monday, with 3 weeks in Philadelphia. Then I get to come home for Thanksgiving week, then it's off to Greece for 15 days, then back for Christmas. Then right after the new year, I'll be back to Philadelphia then to the Netherlands, Delaware, Kentucky, Alabama, Yuma then possibly to the UK. I estimated I'll be on the road for the next 6 to 8 months. I'll be bouncing back and forth between the CH-47F, MH-47G and the AH-64D (Block II and III). And I'm not the only one, we'll probably only have 1 or 2 guys here at any one time, the rest of us will be on the road somewhere on the planet (UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Korea, India, Japan, UK, Greece, Netherlands, Canada, Taiwan and probably a few others). Not complaining (yet) but I suppose it beats the alternative.

LOL' date=' I wish I were good enough to play for the troops, but no, I'm an Experimental Test Pilot for Boeing. Doing flight test as a civilian after retiring from the Army. Pretty good gig, I still get to fly military aircraft.[/quote']

Wow how cool is that!!! I always wanted to be a pilot when I was a kid, well after Rock Star.... Very happy for you. I go to Hanscom Field Air Force Base when I'm in Boston visiting my family.... My dad was a retired Lt Kernel and my mother still has rights to shop at the PX and Commesery.

Lucky! I could easily spend 15 days in Greece. Maybe look up some old relatives in Kalamata and spend the rest of the time eating grilled octopus' date=' drinking ouzo, and touring the islands.[/quote']

I was actually hoping to get this trip earlier in the year, so I could go diving. I don't believe I'll be doing any diving in December. But I doubt I'll have much time for much sight seeing, I'll be there for work.

If you pass in France let me know.

Also will the opportunity I offer you a beer at home testing my Gibson!

Thanks for the invite. With these travel plans' date=' you never know.

Cold Lake is in Alberta.

If you're ever in Ontario, bring me up a guitar. #-o

Oh, I'll have a git with me. Besides, I'll need to come and collect my $5 when you by another guitar in 2010!!! :D/

Don't worry, we'll spend it throwing back a few Molsons.

Lucky! I could easily spend 15 days in Greece. Maybe look up some old relatives in Kalamata and spend the rest of the time eating grilled octopus' date=' drinking ouzo, and touring the islands.[/quote']

Evol! Do you have Greek origins yourself?My father's house / place of origin is approximately an hour drive from Kalamata. Although living in Cyprus for the last 8 years, but it's not quite the same I'm afraid and summer vacation in Greece (just as you described it...) is something I'm missing for the last 2...

Perhaps all the Greek guys in here should start a thread about this.

(who's on the list again...?[biggrin] Evol, DAS44, Demoon,Wild Rose - Not bad at all!)

Archived