Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone please do this serial for me

groovyjud00

any other info on the guitar? ... i dont think making a first post of "help me with this number" will help...

anyhow, the number doesnt turn up as a real number, this could be for a number of reasons but i wont post them as long as theres no more info on the guitar.

Hey Groovy: The only way this is a correct serial number would be that there are two zeros in front of the 9 that are part of the number.

00921548. That would translate to a 2001 made on the 092 day of the year number 548 for the day.

It is not a Classic because there are too many numbers.

More information would help.

That number works perfectly for a 2002 Custom Shop Historic '59. This is from the Custom Shop forum...

1) HISTORIC '50s SOLIDBODIES' date=' EXAMPLE: 7 1001 (1957 Goldtop)

-the first digit represents the year being reissued (1957)

-the 2nd digit represents the year the guitar was made (2001)

-the remaining 3 (or sometimes 4) digits represent the guitar's place in the sequence of '50s solidbodies produced that year.

[/quote']

So the 9 indicates a '59 reissue, the 2 indicates a 2002, and 1548 is the production number. Of course photos and/or additional info about the guitar would help greatly.

Don't speculate.

Just call Gibson Customer Service.

1-800-4Gibson

I agree. I didn't mean to imply that the guitar in question was a '59 Historic (I guess I could have written it differently). Only that it could very well be a valid serial number (see below).

Hey Groovy: The only way this is a correct serial number would be that there are two zeros in front of the 9 that are part of the number.

00921548. That would translate to a 2001 made on the 092 day of the year number 548 for the day.

Archived