Gibson Brands Forums

Drastic price reduction on SG Standards petition.

hi13ts

I understand Gibson reads and heeds the words of us forum members at times. It also looks like the SG Standard price has stayed pretty low (1199 USD) for the past year or so and Gibson's using the SG Standard as the selling model. Maybe they should lower it even more as a special this coming Christmas season. I wouldn't mind picking up a SG Standard if the price was a bit lower. This "petition" maybe a waste of time (it probably is), but Gibson suprises us in subtle ways.

with the Raw power, the gloss special, the classic, and other specials available, I doubt the SG standard price will be coming down. It hasn't been as low as it is now for a few years. I picked mine up at $1050... gotta love "scratch n' dent" returned merch! nothing wrong with it... just missing the case candy and had fingerprints all over it.

also... there are TONs of great USED SG standards from the past 20 years available for 800 and under.

Why are they selling robots with all the features of a standard' date=' plus the tronical stuff for less than a standard.[/quote']

The economy is not real good right now.

Everybody is pulling out all the punches to move product.

It's got to move, or nobody works.

Rock on Henry....

yeah but I find it strange ......I just got a Raw Power new for $943. so I am thinking maybe should have gone with a robot...cause I could always

transform it to a Standard if need be.......just gonna get me a 498T and I'll have it....screw all the unproven tronical gear they apear to be giving away.

Why are they selling robots with all the features of a standard' date=' plus the tronical stuff for less than a standard.[/quote']

because people buy the Standard. nobody bought the Robots, so they are rotting on the shelves and the dealers need to get rid of them.

They did drop the price this past April on the SG Standard by about 30%

That's pretty huge.

GC had them for $1649 one day and $1199 the next.

I bet they moved a ton of them considering That's about the time Fender increased prices across the board.

I picked up an Ebony Standard.

IMO - Great deal at $1199

Archived