Gibson Brands Forums

Reissues you'd like to see gibson make

Thundergod

• 1 year later...

The original style Tini Lopez. I don't like the newer one they released two years ago. Smaller body and doesn't sound as good. The Dave Grohl signature based on it is ok, but not quite close.

YPMBJyaeewCtqP4FJ6D7dijGP.jpg

+1 I mean the DG sigs are damn near impossible to find, and in all seriousness, other than the tailpiece you just stick a firebird neck on top. Not that hard

I would love it if they did that

... i wanna see a Les Paul Deluxe reissue.

+1

Burst .................................................................................................................................................................................................... Or GT

LesPaul.jpg. . 1973%20gibson%20les%20paul%20deluxe%20goldtop%20guitar%20s.jpg

+1

Burst .................................................................................................................................................................................................... Or GT

LesPaul.jpg. . 1973%20gibson%20les%20paul%20deluxe%20goldtop%20guitar%20s.jpg

speaking of the goldtop deluxe..

GT.jpg

Thats what i did to my Epiphone 56 goldtop.

Bought gibbie minis, acquired some USA machine threaded brass brackets off ebay, and swapped out the P-90s

Then i stripped the pickguard, selector washer and electronics. USA CTS 300k pots, Sprague Orange caps, switchcraft jack/switch, chrome jack plate, ivory Tusq nut/saddles, Klusson style ivory button tuners, Gold Top Hat gibby knobs w/ pointer washers and cloth push-back wire w/ 50's wiring. At times, its sports a bigsby B7 via the vibramate adapter (a godsend).

To avoid the hassle of tracking down mounting brackets for the minis, GFS makes a kit that uses wood screws to insert the pickups into your goldie.

This handles my GAS for a deluxe. :D

thats been done sir. check out musiciansfriend.com

I wanna see a Les Paul Deluxe reissue.

should have been clearer. The Jr I'm referring to had sharper points like the SG on the cut outs and was produced around 1960. Had one in cherry.

Archived