Gibson Brands Forums

sg '62 custom shop reissue.

manny59

I have an SG that I bought new,a '62 custom shop reissue. At least, that's what it says on my receipt from guitar center. How do I know it's not a VOS? Does VOS SG's have "VOS" on their COA? I learned about the VOS SG's after purchasing this beautiful instrument. So, if I have a non-VOS, I should have the '57 reissue pickups and no bumble bee capacitors? Please, need some help on this one.

hey guys, thanks to all of you! I'm a new member, and I wish I had stumbled into this site way back.All the response were very helpful.Oh yeah, I paid less than $1,900.00 for this awesome instrument at Guitar Center in Oxnard, CA., but you all know, everybody that went in there and saw this guitar probably played it and beat on it. It was really in excellent shape when I got it, though. It was new, because it never left the store till I bought it, but I bet it was played by many,many people. I just loved it the minute i held it in my hands, it just fit me perfectly. And the salesperson , I think, gave me a good deal on it. It's an awesome sounding guitar that I don't think I''ll be letting go anytime soon. Maybe never!! Thanks again!

Archived