Gibson Brands Forums

Come and play with us......forever.....and ever......and ever..What is your favorite horror movie

Blackie

The scariest without a freaking doubt - THE EXORCIST

My all time favourite(yeah I know its also classed as a sci-fi) - ALIEN

But The Exorcist to this day still scares the crap outta me to the point where I have to pysch myself up to watch it. & screw your lady boy comments man.

True story - remember how that movie opens with the so called rats scratching around in the cellar? Well 2:00 next morning after watching that movie there were those exact same sounds coming from my roof(I was 12). FREAK OUT! Laid in bed in a cold sweat paralyzed waiting for The Man himself to come take me away.

Turned out to be birds. FUKC YOU VERY MUCH! So now you know why.

Whoah.

That's hard core man.

Apparently there was some weird **** going on when they were making that movie. Curses and the like.

Brrrr. Hate to love that movie.

So tell me more about these stairs. I never thought they could make that movie anymore freaking scary-until Regan came down those stairs like a damn spider. AAAAGGH!

Was it on a movie lot or real house? What?

When I was a child the original "The Haunted" scared the crap out of me. Then I remember an episode of Twilight Zone with William Shatner where he was on a plane and he kept on seeing a monster out on the wing trying to do damage to one of the plane engines. Eventually he gets a gun and shoots the monster and it fell off the plane. For years after that every time I was in bed at night and heard a plane flying over head I would lay there praying not to hear the thump of falling monsters on the roof of my house...

Whoah.

That's hard core man.

Apparently there was some weird **** going on when they were making that movie. Curses and the like.

Brrrr. Hate to love that movie.

So tell me more about these stairs. I never thought they could make that movie anymore freaking scary-until Regan came down those stairs like a damn spider. AAAAGGH!

Was it on a movie lot or real house? What?

No the stairs outside in the movie the guy falls down....they may be gone now but they were from a street in Georgetown part of Washington DC and they were real narrow and went down from the street above down to near a gas station when me and my tripping friend went and found them. I am only 3 hours from DC so chemical fueled road trips back in the day could take me right to Marion Barry's private club....j/k but Washington and it's monuments and musuems are some cool things to check out.

Oh and the inside stairs are from a house there also I think..........

Oh and what about Poltergeist.... I loved when the guy was looking in the mirror and ripped his own face off. That movie along with The Exorcist were two movies where you sat there in the movie theater chair and just kept saying to yourself, please don't open that door...

Man, there are so many, I'm not only a horror movie fan, I'm a horror movie adict! I have to watch at least 1 a day, I have 100s of DVDs and 99% of them are horror movies, I have bad ones, good ones, the best of them and the worst too =D>

It's really hard to chose, I have like 25 favorites... some of them are 28 days later, 28 weeks later, The Darkness (one of the best there is IMO), 30 days of night, The Shining, "el Bunker" (that's one of the few I bought the spanish version of, don't know how it was called in english), the exorcist, Nosferatu, House of 1000 corpses (and the devil's rejects, though that one is not considered an horror movie, it's a followup to house of 1000 corpses) and so many others (most older).

I love The Shining too. Not really the scariest IMO, it's just so well directed and acted. I love the scene where Wendy discovers the book he's been writing is nothing more than thousands of pages of "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ".

I hear that new move Paranormal Activities is scary:-k

Most of the time, I'd rather see a good comedy though.

An old trilogy movie with Karen Black and a little voodoo doll, a scary Santa and a runaway serial killer.

Sorry forgot the title.

My Mom took me it must have been 1975 or so

Maybe it was Trilogy of Terror, any how it scared the crap out of me.

Oh man loved storm of the century especially at the end when years later he finds his son. Aww man to creepy and heatbreaking for a parent at the same time.

Yes it is very eerie indeed. I also find the constant sound of the bad weather and the way Lenioge (sp) knows everyones dark secrets chilling,

Hmmm Silence of the Lambs. Yes one of my top 10 films of all time but not a horror in my opinion but a detective story that is a thriller.

Either way Anthony Hopkins is just amazing!

Matt

Archived