Gibson Brands Forums

I Bought A Plastic Guitar

Rocky4

My problem with acoustics is that I don't find them comfortable t play. Too big and bulky. I have been checking out Baby Taylors online, and went to the local G.C. (they've put everyone out of business, and I have had no problems with them) to check one out. I wasn't real impressed and spotted a small Martin next to it. The Martin sounded so much better than the Taylor, but it seemed different to me. I asked a salesman and he told me it was made of HPL, high pressure laminate, the same thing they use for flooring. In other words, plastic. Sounded better, and $70 cheaper than the Taylor, so I brought it home. By the way, the Martin was made in Mexico.

Well that aint real environmentally friendly now is it!

There goes another glacier thanx to you.

Seriously though Kramer-aluminium. Dan Armstrong or was it Ampeg - clear plastic. Danelectro - fibre board. Carbon fibre,marble...On & on it goes.

You like it so thats all that matters.

Just don't do a Jimi & burn it.

Martin has a long ways to go before they catch up with one of mine:

The Academy

Seriously though Kramer-aluminium. Dan Armstrong or was it Ampeg - clear plastic. Danelectro - fibre board. Carbon fibre' date='marble...On & on it goes.[/quote']

And let's not forget the "beaver poo and super glue" Gibson Sonex, which sold about a billion in the 80s and is now retro cool for some reason.

Martin has a long ways to go before they catch up with one of mine:

The Academy

And let's not forget the "beaver poo and super glue" Gibson Sonex' date=' which sold about a billion in the 80s and is now retro cool for some reason.[/quote']

I don't understand the big deal about Ovation guitars. They're so awkward to play, IMNSHO.

My problem with acoustics is that I don't find them comfortable to play. Too big and bulky.

Couldn't agree more.

The Martin sounded so much better than the Taylor.

Really??? I found it to be the exact opposite. The low end Martins just plain sound low-end, where every Taylor I've played sounds really big. Of course that's just my opinion.

Archived