Gibson Brands Forums

This Is It

daveinspain

I had lunch today with my old boss, his wife and daughter and they were telling me about the Movie "This Is It" they saw the night before. They absolutely raved about it... As I'm sure you all know the movie is a documentary about the rehearsals Michael Jackson was doing for his up coming shows in London.

I am going to see it tonight... I'll let you know how it is. Anyone else see it?

I know there are probably very few MJ fans here but please go see this film you will enjoy it. It's a shame this concert never happened because the work involved to create it was beyond compare. The production, dancers, musicians, special FX...etc, are amazing... You get to see another side of Michael Jackson, not the weirdo everyone loved to hate and make fun of but a true creative, artistic talent...

At some point, the same curiosity may lure me in to watch it - dvd or on the web....

On the other hand, I refuse to pay the full ticket price at the theater and contribute a penny to that bunch.

I vote with my wallet.

I don't support "artists" like him in any way.

At some point' date=' the same curiosity may lure me in to watch it - dvd or on the web....

On the other hand, I refuse to pay the full ticket price at the theater and contribute a penny to that bunch.

I vote with my wallet.

I don't support "artists" like him in any way.[/quote']

It's not the same as on the big screen with big sound.... I'll ignore the artists like him thing....

That's what I do - ignore 'em best I can.

:D/

Like I said, I understand the appeal. Even the curiosity.

But his freakiness turned perverted and twisted avoidance of reality is not what I want to help perpetuate.

Not trying to piss all over the thread Dave.

Just calling it like I see it.

I suppose none of the "artists" you do support have ever...

Never mind.

I think you made it clear already.

What I would like to make very clear is the line that should be drawn between personal and professional lives.

What leaks out or is 'discovered' by nosey media thru ex-wives or drug dealers is one thing.

Guys I play with on occasion are either retired young or in jobs that don't drug test.

They never miss a chance to smoke a little dope on break during a gig.

I don't' date=' choose not to, and cannot take the chance with my job.

Once we're back inside, we're a tight group.

Now, whatever these guys do at home with their wife, girlfriend, pets or livestock is their business.

When I'm with them, they're talented people with at least some integrity to display.

If they act like freaks and get thrown out of a club for their stupidity, they're on their own.

Jackson paraded his freakiness out in every video, every TV appearance, every interview - all for $$$$.

He broadly and repeatedly reports that he has other people's children sleeping in his bed - and defends it.

He lies about everything that is revealed to be true about him.

He stiffed EVERY person or company who ever did business with him - including lawyers.

He had a huge collection off accounting and tax professionals performing miracles for him every quarter.

Don't even get me started on his children and their mother(s) and the Jerry Springer On Acid sh!t that creates.

Once enough people got sick of the constant bombardment of bullsh!t, a media backlash began.

Suddenly he was no longer their Little Darling.

There began to develop a pressure from millions of Americans who kept asking

"Why do I see this sh!t every time I turn on my TV?"

The media shifted gears and gave the public what they wanted.

So just look at him.

Look at his skin, his nose, his clothes.

Listen to his words.

Watch his actions over the last decade once his mention in the news was usually one of ridicule.

As the pathetic Death Spiral tightened and picked up speed he did everything wrong to redeem himself.

The ONLY reason I would watch the new movie is because it's not based on fiction - but is sadly realistic.

To see people destroy themselves in such flamboyant excess is curious to me in mostly a 'clinical' sense.

Disagree all you want, flame me if you wish. Now tell me where I'm [i']wrong[/i].

"Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

- Winston Churchill

You didn't single out MJ.

You wrote about "that bunch" and about "...I do - ignore 'em best I can."

It's the "them" and "that bunch" that is not specifically one guy that made your post look a little unadvised... but hey, that's prolly just who you are.

Peace.

Hmmmm....

So, Mr. Smartass Flame Guy - should we talk about just exactly who you are?

A quick flame job closed with a tacit plea for "peace" is revealing.

And to defend such perversion so staunchly reveals much....

Just sayin'....

=;

Unadvised?

That's a curious way of stating it - and the assumption that begets it.

Yeah, I'm still trying to decipher the superiority delusion you seem to suffer from.

Taints much of what you type, with the effects you've obviously desired nowhere to be found.

But hey, that's prolly just who you are.

Sorry to be so harsh, but see the above Churchill quote to see if that soothes.

Much of the Pop music scene is comprised of "them" and "that bunch" so I don't have to go far to simply illustrate the whole scene as it exists without embellishment or hyperbole.

All I did is flip the light switch - I'm not one of the cockroaches that are now scurrying for cover.

I didn't single out MJ because there are many pretenders and contenders for the vacated throne.

And I do ignore 'em best I can.

Piss.

I like MJ's music but I'll wait for it to go to rental. Going to the movies is expensive and I go to a theater only when there's something I REALLY want to see or I feel that it's the type of film that would be best experienced on a huge screen with a giant sound system. "This Is It" is probably one of those films best experienced in a theater, but I'm not interested enough to pay for that much for tickets.

Please' date=' allow me...[/quote']

Please, by all means....

How charming.

Thanks for the efforts to cement your exact position in the forum as the resident, well, I dunno....

Yeah Rich,

I might even wait until somebody I know rents it.

I can borrow it, watch for free and contribute $0.00 to the Jackson Saga as it continues.

=;/

...charming.

...efforts to cement your exact position in the forum as the resident' date=' well, I dunno....

[/quote']

Thanks for your concern. I am pretty charming, and as a resident, well, it's not like I'm a fan of the chicken wrapper thing... perhaps I've got to go, after all.

Archived