Gibson Brands Forums

*sigh*

Ian Martin

So, a couple weeks ago my wife and I ran into some financial trouble.

I am very blessed to be able to devote most of my time to music instead of working a full-time job, while my wife works very hard to do most of the providing because she fully believes in and supports what I am doing.

Being fortunate enough to own four Gibsons, I knew what I had to do. 'Somebody' had to go.

I have strong emotional attachments to my SG and Explorer (the latter being my wedding gift). My latest acquisitions being my dream LP Goldtop and a Guitar of the Week 2007 Reverse Flying V.

Both of which are INCREDIBLE guitars, despite what anyone says the Reverse V was a staple in my arsenal (not to mention a unique one).

But because my Goldtop has become my #1 and the forefront of my sound, I was forced to say goodbye to the Reverse V and listed it on eBay last week.

It's long gone now, and I'm still feeling pretty bummed out about it.

So...

*holds up a bottle of Jack*

...here's to anyone who has ever had a love lost, whether it be a flesh-and-blood one or the six-stringed kind. :-)

Who else ever had to part with a 'loved one'?

Ian...

I feel for you buddy. Our guitars become part of us.

I was in the same boat years back. In my case I had to sell my Monte Carlo SS.

Im older now and I know that our lives can change in a heartbeat...sometimes for the worse, but

hey...sometimes for the better!

Hang in there my friend and trust me when I say this...

The good does catch up to the bad.

Hey Ian, sorry to hear about the reverse V....Those things were WEIRD with all caps...But very cool. I saw the pic when it was up for its week on the Gibson site. Wish I could have seen one in person.

PS: I sent you PMs. Give me a ring and we'll jam O:) I want to hear what that Goldtop and Explorer sound like.

i traded my red BFG for a marshall jcm 800 2210 (the zakk wylde amp)

im not regreting the trade, because the BFG was a lemon from gibson (the only lemon ive ever had)

but still, a guitar is like you firstborn son

its special , important, and requires alot of time

............................. xcept you can adopt another kid

uh oh

politically incorrect joke

haha

Sorry to hear that. I'm letting go of a few of my girls tonight on the bay. I'm easy to fall in love and usually take em home when I do but alas I need to pay off credit/car/student loans and work for a house.

I've lost one in the last month and four more go up tonight. I'm not mentioning names because I prefer not to think about it but I'm hanging on to my Little Lucille. She's too good to me to let go. And yes family and friends don't get it.

Archived