Gibson Brands Forums

Do you like Gold hardware?

dem00n

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I like gold hardware AND older women.

As for the gold hardware, I've never bought a guitar BECAUSE of the gold hardware, but four guitars I've bought just happened to have gold hardware. My wife says there is more gold on my L-5 than in her jewelry box.

It is true that gold hardware doesn't wear as well as chrome or nickel, but as with women, the natural ageing process, use and abuse, affects each one differently.

gold finishes not age well.

It stings, even with good maintenance the years, use them.

Chrome and nickel never moves!

My Les Paul Studio Gold has over 10 years and has suffered the ravages of time.

I suddenly fear of seeing my Les Paul Custom take the age .

Only in some cases. It does LOOK nice but it is the least resilient of all hardware finishes, with chrome being the most resilient. It is so hard to maintain the color. Also, it just doesn't look good on some colors, while black or chrome can look good on just about anything. I have found one combo I really like though: candy apple red with gold hardware:

hamer.jpg

I voted yes, because I like it on my guitar, but I usually don't. It looks gaudy to me when set against 98% of the finishes out there.

As for women, being about 30 must be a kind of "sweet spot" in life, 'cause I can see the beauty in women up to ten years older or younger than me. Although, it's true I'm definitely drawn most to women close to my age... good thing, since I married one...

When I had it, I didn't like it...

<---------------------

Now... well, you know the grass is always greener. Although I don't really like the way it gets crusty. There ought to be a way to improve that.

Don't really like the gold finish. It's ok when it's new and shiny. But anything that pits, chrome or gold, is gross and disgusting.

Whenever my drum hoops get pitted, I have to rip them all down and clean them with Brasso or something similar.

As far a women.... well, that sexy knowing look in an older woman has no equal... :-

ehhh kinda... it looks really classy and great with some finishes (like the black, white, and red lp customs) but also looks really bad with burst finishes imo... with a burst i like nickel. plus i dont really like how the gold falls off when it ages... then it kinda looks like s**t

Archived