Gibson Brands Forums

sticker

DWP37

Anyone know when the stickers started to be applied inside the bodys of Gibson guitars? I had a 1975 ES 335 with an orange sticker inside the body. My 1966 ES 330 does not have it. I believe it was an inspection sticker. Just curious.

Anyone know when the stickers started to be applied inside the bodys of Gibson guitars? I had a 1975 ES 335 with an orange sticker inside the body. My 1966 ES 330 does not have it. I believe it was an inspection sticker. Just curious.

If you read it closely, he said 'inside the bodys of Gibson guitars' That would include the Les Paul. He just gave examples of the other guitars he had experience with. What if he had a LP between those dates and wondered if it should have the sticker.

Lets give people the benefit of the doubt. I for one, would not have seen this if posted in the lounge, and am glad to know there may be a sticker in my LP - that's what it has to do with LP's.

He means inside hollow-body electrics. You can see those stickers through the F holes.

As a curiosity I saw a Gibson "restoration kit" for sale on craigslist a few months ago, it was a headstock veneer and a blank orange sticker like the one in reference here.

He means inside hollow-body electrics. You can see those stickers through the F holes.

As a curiosity I saw a Gibson "restoration kit" for sale on craigslist a few months ago' date=' it was a headstock veneer and a blank orange sticker like the one in reference here.[/quote']

Yeah. I've seen the veneers,not the stickers though. But hey,anythings up for grabs these days. It won't end,they'll just get better and more devious. It's up to sites like this to help each other and the uninformed by staying one step ahead of the maggots.

Archived