Gibson Brands Forums

totally off-topic but help me please

GuitarGod319

Actually that was my bad. I went back and re-read it. I now see what you really took offense to. The fact that he said you were only 13 and should concentrate on schoolwork. I can't speak for him, but I don't think Tim A meant anything by it. He's cool. Just typical adults doing what us typical adults try to do. Advise.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually that was my bad. I went back and re-read it. I now see what you really took offense to. The fact that he said you were only 13 and should concentrate on schoolwork. I can't speak for him' date=' but I don't think Tim A meant anything by it. He's cool. Just typical adults doing what us typical adults try to do. Advise.

[/quote']

i know he's cool.he's pretty much got every guitar im lusting for.

Cutting your hair is overrated. I am cutting my hair, but that's because I made a deal with myself that I'm keeping, and because I'm donating the hair. You can bet I'll be growing it back though. If there's one thing that I know that chicks dig, it's a dude with confidence. You may think you're cool as hell, but unless you can own that and project it then no one will believe you. Outside of that don't be so open to a girl about your feelings in the beginning. Saying just be yourself is incredibly cliche, but what I'll mean by it is don't go out of your way to make sure a girl knows you're there. That doesn't me avoid them like the plague, but rather just maybe the occasional compliment in passing. Just make sure whatever you do, you do it with confidence. If a chick feels like she's cooler than you then why would she take the time to hang with you. I actually almost hate to say it, but go find episodes of "the pickup artist" that aired on VH1 last year. It may sound corny (and most of it is) but a lot of what they teach you is really simple common sense stuff that most people don't think about, but it works. Good luck, and for god sake just don't be creepy.

The sad truth of it is, if you look at what most of the rock stars say, they all had problems getting or dealing with girls in High School. That's why most of them started a band - to attract girls. About your only hope in High School is to become a jock - guys in sports get the girls. Either that or get really good and become famous on the guitar. Good luck

The more desperate you are to meet women, the more they seem to sense it. Get stuck into some serious playing. This means playing in a band where the girls you wanna meet can see you performing live. Finally try not to act desperate, be cool and confident like the rock guitar god you are and go to talk to those lesser mortals who worship your playing! OK, joking and attitude aside, it does mean you'll meet some women who'll think that you're talented. If you can talk to them on a level playing field (they're gorgeous but... you're a rock god) then they'll see that you are cool too. Women seek calm, confident men that they can relate to. They're merciless to desperate boys.

That's the theory! How on earth I managed to get married I haven't a clue! I went to an all boys school and was scared witless by women all through my teens!

Oh, and another thing I remember from the distant past when I was young. Once you're in a relationship, its a lot easier to meet other girls. Work out the pyschology on that one for yourself! Its a minefield out there. A little self belief will go a long way though.

Good luck, go get 'em!

how do you donate your hair?my cousins did it' date='and i might do it to.[/quote']

just call around and find a shop that will help you participate in Locks of Love. Most shops do.

I had this thought after I posted. You're trying to buy guitars right? Are you not aware that girlfriends are more expensive than any guitar out there? I'm only halfway joking here. Decisions decisions.

Good stuff here.

Get good grades in school.

Get good at the guitar.

Get good at anything you can.

Get the confidence that comes from being good at what you do.

When you get good at something, don't be a wanker/show off trying to be the best.

There will always be somebody better unless you are Jimi, EVH or SRV.

Do it well, like it's easy, and let them notice YOU.

Confidence is the key, cocky gets your butt kicked.

One thing about girls, if you're chasing them, they keep running.

Having a girlfriend helps you understand things better for the next girlfriend.

Having a girlfriend demonstrates you're not a weirdo/geek/freak/punk and makes you attractive to OTHER girls.

Hygiene is important, brush your teeth, clean your fingernails, keep your hair CLEAN if it's long.

Don't do incredibly stupid hair, clothes, tattooes, piercings, etc.

At least not until you're ready to spend the rest of your life with women who look the same. NOT good.

Hair can be cut, clothes can be bought, but a tat is forever.

Get a job.

Spend your money on NOTHING, stick it in the bank.

Okay, none of this is very Rock n Roll.

But I can afford a guitar collection at 42 that's worth more than the houses some of my friends live in.

Practice, practice, practice.

Meet different guitar players who do stuff WAY different than you, they can teach you alot.

Learn blues, blues, and more blues from Robert Johnson and EVERY black man after him who ever played a guitar.

Learn country pickin, rockabilly, hair metal, classic rock from the seventies, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Scotty Moore.

Keep your mouth shut, your ears open, respect EVERYBODY you meet.

If you don't like somebody, give them respect anyway until you can get away from them.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Not to be an *** but at your age you shouldnt give them that much importance... the ones that are popular now and you are trying to get to, will probably be trouble in the future, the ones you dont even take a look at? well they may surprise you in a couple of years.

I experienced that firsthand a some 5 years ago, i was playing with my band in what at the time was the hottest place here... during the show i noticed a really hot girl looking at me, (she did for the duration of the show 2 1/2 hours). After the show she aproached me and i was impresed to find out she was a girl from one of the scholls i attended to (the class nerd actually, and 12 years have passed since the last time we met). She was now beautiful, and we ended up... well, you know... One of the best i've had if i may say... and to this day we are great friends (shes now married).

Pretty girls in your age range ussualy are after the bad the popular and the ones good at sports (classic stereotypes), if you are nice and respectfull they get away because at this age they arent thinking straight and only want to play, i dont think you can consider keeping one of those forever (there are exeptions of course).

-Playing guitar helps a lot if you are good.

-cutting your hair is not necessary, i havent have short hair in 6 years (before that i used my head shaved for 5 years)

-dont be in a rush to have a girlfriend, women have a sense about that, they can actually smell it!

-always be respectful and helpful, it will count when they grow up.

-if you show too much interest they will turn you down, not because of you, but because thats their nature.

That said, after years of testing and playing them, i'm now with a wonderful beautiful woman that i find perfect in every way, and have had a lot to measure... i'm sure those who have a better half here will back me up when i say when you find the one, she makes everything 1500% better.

Good stuff here.

Get good grades in school.

Get good at the guitar.

Get good at anything you can.

Get the confidence that comes from being good at what you do.

When you get good at something' date=' don't be a wanker/show off trying to be the best.

There will always be somebody better unless you are Jimi, EVH or SRV.

Do it well, like it's easy, and let them notice YOU.

Confidence is the key, cocky gets your butt kicked.

One thing about girls, if you're chasing them, they keep running.

Having a girlfriend helps you understand things better for the next girlfriend.

Having a girlfriend demonstrates you're not a weirdo/geek/freak/punk and makes you attractive to OTHER girls.

Hygiene is important, brush your teeth, clean your fingernails, keep your hair CLEAN if it's long.

Don't do incredibly stupid hair, clothes, tattooes, piercings, etc.

At least not until you're ready to spend the rest of your life with women who look the same. NOT good.

Hair can be cut, clothes can be bought, but a tat is forever.

Get a job.

Spend your money on NOTHING, stick it in the bank.

Okay, none of this is very Rock n Roll.

But I can afford a guitar collection at 42 that's worth more than the houses some of my friends live in.

Practice, practice, practice.

Meet different guitar players who do stuff WAY different than you, they can teach you alot.

Learn blues, blues, and more blues from Robert Johnson and EVERY black man after him who ever played a guitar.

Learn country pickin, rockabilly, hair metal, classic rock from the seventies, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Scotty Moore.

Keep your mouth shut, your ears open, respect EVERYBODY you meet.

If you don't like somebody, give them respect anyway until you can get away from them.

Don't eat yellow snow.[/quote']

One more thing that is permanent...Body piercings (and I'm not talking earrings), I'm talking the one inch dowels shoved through their ears, tongue, nose etc. May look cool when you are 19 or 20 but think of the impression you'll give at an interview. Hey we gotta pay for these Lesters, they aint cheap. Don't mutilate yourself to make chics notice. 8-[

One more thing that is permanent...Body piercings (and I'm not talking earrings)' date=' I'm talking the one inch dowels shoved through their ears, tongue, nose etc. May look cool when you are 19 or 20 but think of the impression you'll give at an interview. Hey we gotta pay for these Lesters, they aint cheap. Don't mutilate yourself to make chics notice. :-k [/quote']

Yeah, not to offend anyone or run the tattoo/piercing thing in the ground, but when I see someone who has obviously spent that much time and money to alter their body they are probably a very boring person and are trying to compensate for this fact. Or it is an attempt to get attention. Either way, it is no way to meet girls IMO.

Yeah' date=' not to offend anyone or run the tattoo/piercing thing in the ground, but when I see someone who has obviously spent that much time and money to alter their body they are probably a very boring person and are trying to compensate for this fact. Or it is an attempt to get attention. Either way, it is no way to meet girls IMO. [/quote']

wow, seems we in this forum have more in common than gibson guitars... i dont care for piercings or tatoos either... and i firmly believe they will get you to the wrong kind of woman.

And I thought that was a Tattoo on Thunder Gods forehead... Nothing wrong with Tattooo's I have a few myself...No chicks = money in your pocket. I've never meet a poor gay guy...Not that theres anything wrong with being gay...but most chicks are a pain in the ***....Best to save that headache till later...It'll be here soon enough...Dude ...Just try to enjoy the goodones..

Archived