Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio - Burstbuckers Pros as from when...?

Hector Arcadius

Hi all,

Perhaps I can clarify the story with your help. Gibson has updated their site recently and not only the looks of it. They corrected ''inaccurate'' details as well regarding product specs. In particular, as far as the Les Paul Studio is concerned, 2 things were corrected:

1. In the older version of their site, the top was maple. We know that this is not the case and same was spotted / discussed in here by you guys in past threads. Corrected now to mahogany.

2. The pickups of the guitar in the previous version were 490R/498T. Now it has been changed to Burstbucker Pros.

In order to clarify what my December, 2008 made Studio worn brown ''wears'', I e-mailed them to find out. Their responce was quick and somewhat accurate. Altghough I provided them with serial number, they only responded that the particular model (in general...) is equipped with Burstbucker Pros.

However, the problem is that, according to the Burstbucker Pro samples I hear on their site, my pickups do not sound like it at all! Plus, we know for sure that Gibson keeps producing Studios with 490R/498T (like that georgeous silverburst that was on the forums a couple of days ago).

Does anyone have any idea as from when Gibson moved from 490R/498T to Burstbucker Pros, as far as Studios are concerned...? Could their answer be wrong...?[angry]

Thanks in advance for any reply guys.

Cheers!

hate to say this Are Nine.. went to both those links (which I have gone to before) if you click on any track on both links it gives you the same sound track whether in the worn or studio pages.

so you can 't hear any difference since they use the same tracks.

"Gibson USA SG Special - Clean Neck" for the worn and "Gibson USA SG Special - Clean Neck" for the studio

I'm sure there are sound differences, just not on Gibson's main site there isn't... we need Mike to record them [confused]

hate to say this Are Nine.. went to both those links (which I have gone to before) if you click on any track on both links it gives you the same sound track whether in the worn or studio pages.

I was just pointing out the differences in guitars, had nothing to do with the sound clips.

I highly doubt Gibson actually goes to the trouble of getting each guitar for those clips.

:-

Thanks guys for the replies so far! It seems that the only thing that we have established for sure is that... the Gibson site is inaccurate...! Hm, well, it shouldn't be actually. High quality should be maintained in the info / support provided as well...

Anyway, I'll just go around and say that my (Faded / Worn Brown) Studio has the same pickups as the Standard model then! Perhaps I should listen to those side by side to confirm or reject my suspicions...

Archived