Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your dream Car?

daveinspain

Well... maybe two 'stedda one.

A nice shiny new Jeep grand cherokee with the works and modded for a front bench seat to function as a photo platform thru the moon roof.

Then... a super mod on my old 1961 Chrysler 325 horse 383. I've had a little faster, but 130-140 was plenty quick. Handled decently on roads I'm likely to travel, real bench front and back seats... Update to modern electronics and air and such.... Bottom line is that it was fast and comfortable. Yeah, it wasn't a sports car. Had summa them. Fun in summer to toss around, but for real life, that old Chrysler was hard to beat.

You could put guitar and amp in the back seat or whatever...

And... given that now I'm old, we won't go further in recounting its virtues.

m

Currently driving my dream car...........(the one behind the Sheraton)

GarysCam069.jpg

The only other car i'd REALLY like to have would be a correct "resto" version of either of the cars I had as a teenager........The 1st one, was so rare (200 released) that I can't find a pic of it anywhere.

'67 1/2 Torino 390 GT

OR my other car from my teens.......

Mybadd57.jpg

I'd have MUCH better luck finding the '57 Fairlane

Guys, I went through the whole thread and I'm rather astonished... Noone mentioned:

PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4...?

Classic looks, not over the top IMO, faster than most of us can handle, and tons of attitude... Someone took me a ride with one of those, when I was 11 or something. One of the feelings I will never forget...

The kind of cars I would like to be my last in this life...

[confused]

Archived