Gibson Brands Forums

Drooling is allowed

dacookster

okay, in all seriousness, for like 27 years I've wanted one of these. But things just never aligned. Back in the day, I could never afford one. When I was 13, I cut a picture out of a magazine and taped it on my window sill above my bed. Ah---a mockingbird supreme! The past couple of years, I was close on getting a couple, but the prices were too high, vet bills, another guitar, amp or whatever popped up.

And this, it took about 3 weeks of hardcore searching before I found it. Plays like a dream. It's like xmas!

I like you have always wanted one of the original BC Rich's but I wanted the Bich with all of the active electronics ~ ever since I saw Joe Perry playing a red Bich that's what I wanted even though I already had my Les Paul.

It just goes to show that GAS has no age barriers.

What is the string spacing on that axe? Is it wide like an Ibanez or closer like a Gibson? I ask because I always liked the Mockingbird, but I though they had that Ibanez flavor of string spacing which does not jive with my stout, sausage fingers.

Whats the neck like on that model?

I played a lower down model a week or so ago and the neck was slow and felt so cheap' date=' it really bugged me because i really love mockingbirds!

I've developed a taste for them in white now [biggrin

Neck is kick ***----soooo solid. More solid than any of my other neck-thrus. As far as thickness, I'd say 'average'

This is sweet----now I want another!

What is the string spacing on that axe? Is it wide like an Ibanez or closer like a Gibson? I ask because I always liked the Mockingbird' date=' but I though they had that Ibanez flavor of string spacing which does not jive with my stout, sausage fingers.[/quote']

I'd have to a/b them and check with a ruler, but I think it's similar to Gibson. I'm not an Ibanez fan. What really impressed me as well was how solid the frets felt. Just everything. You guys will laugh, I'm at lunch now, but I still haven't plugged it into an amp!

Thanks...I haven't been on there much...But yeah...that's why I got my Mockingbird SL....It had all the electronics in there....I had the electronics installed in a different Mockbingbird later on (Neal Moser did it)....There's a lot of interesting sounds you can get with them....Plus....For me that's one of the reasons to get a real BC Rich.

Congrats...that's how I felt when I got mine....I love the way the neck feels on a real BC Rich....Those are Seymour Duncans in your Mockingbird right ?

Yeah, Duncans. Not certain which ones, I'll guess a SD in bridge. Not sure if previous owner used his own and then swapped the Duncans in for the sale, or not.

Archived