Gibson Brands Forums

"Sportsmanship"?

Riverside

that girl needs to get laid REALLY BAD' date=' [u']she is way to mean and competes like a man[/u]!

Definately single aren't you, women don't have any catching up to do there usually meaner and nastier and compete just as hard or harder especially with each other. Trust me years of police work taught me the sugar and sweetness is the act not spice and toughness there born with that...

Definately single aren't you' date=' women don't have any catching up to do there usually meaner and nastier and compete just as hard or harder especially with each other. Trust me years of police work taught me the sugar and sweetness is the act not spice and toughness there born with that...

[/quote']

when I umpire "young girls" (10-15, various sports like soccer, basketball, softball) there is a level of respect for your fellow competitor, unlike boys/mens sports where the goal is winning first, showing up your oponent "first-er", and being the coolest machoest, baddest dude playing "first-est"

I would have expected thoose kind of reckless/cheap shots from a boys basketball game, not a girls soccer game!

when I umpire "young girls" (10-15' date=' various sports like soccer, basketball, softball) there is a level of respect for your fellow competitor, unlike boys/mens sports where the goal is winning first, showing up your oponent "first-er", and being the coolest machoest, baddest dude playing "first-est"

I would have expected thoose kind of reckless/cheap shots from a boys basketball game, not a girls soccer game!

[/quote']

actually i referee (not umpire) soccer.... once the girls get to the age of like 13-14 the higher level girls are more competitive and physical than the guys.... only the really low level girls arent competitive.... but esp. once they get into high school, those girls are rough on eachother!! they were born with just as much competitive spirit and aggression as guys.... and theyre very aggresive when playing against other girls.... if you ever watch a high school girls varsity soccer game, its very rough and aggressive.... in some cases theyre more competitive than the varsity guys....

also if girls werent born with an aggressive side, then why do people always hear how some crazy chick killed or beat the crap out of her ex boyfriend/husband after they cheated on them or broke up with them?? just some food for thought.... :-k

actually i referee (not umpire) soccer.... once the girls get to the age of like 13-14 the higher level girls are more competitive and physical than the guys.... only the really low level girls arent competitive.... but esp. once they get into high school' date=' those girls are rough on eachother!! they were born with just as much competitive spirit and aggression as guys.... and theyre very aggresive when playing against other girls.... if you ever watch a high school girls varsity soccer game, its very rough and aggressive.... in some cases theyre more competitive than the varsity guys....

also if girls werent born with an aggressive side, then why do people always hear how some crazy chick killed or beat the crap out of her ex boyfriend/husband after they cheated on them or broke up with them?? just some food for thought.... :-k [/quote']

I referee soccer too and the girls matches can be a lot more challenging - usually when a guy gets fouled or roughed they retaliate immediately, and then it all goes away. In the girls matches they let it build up until everything blows up at once and you have a huge mess to deal with.

Play hard within the rules and confines of the game...

Elbow, knee, feet, and hand are going to be flying through the air "just because" due to the nature of the sport, being a quick, fast adjustment/moving game of soccer. Trying to keep you balance and spacing requires your body to use your body parts to balance itself out.

I'm certain that elbow to the back with hurtful intent and "pulling of the hair" is not in the rule book.

Play hard within the rules and confines of the game...

Elbow' date=' knee, feet, and hand are going to be flying through the air "just because" due to the nature of the sport, being a quick, fast adjustment/moving game of soccer. Trying to keep you balance and spacing requires your body to use your body parts to balance itself out.

[/quote']

The laws of the game include the words "... careless or reckless or using excessive force ." when defining what is considered a foul, so if you strike, trip, push or whatever someone while attempting to control your body (careless or reckless) you could be whistled up for a foul. Having reffed collegiate games, I can say the philosophy is slightly different - if it doesn't draw blood it's not a foul and if there's any doubt the call goes to the home team. What I've been able to read watch suggests that the officials were having trouble controlling a very physical game. As for the arm in the back, if you watch closely you'll see she took and elbow to the sternum before she elbowed the other girl in the back.

[biggrin]

The thing I don't get is............ Where was her coach???? And where were the red cards????

If I'd been coaching her' date=' she would have been yanked and sent to the showers.[/quote']

Everything we've seen was mostly centered on the one player and pretty much taken out of context. I agree, she should have been tossed for the hairpull, but I'll bet the center ref apparently didn't see it and the assist ref was too spineless to say anything. The whole ref crew should probably have been suspended from the rest of the tournament. From the few clips I saw they did a terrible job and made several factual errors in calling the game. From the coaching standpoint it's hard to comment; if she was just dishing out what she got I'd have probably let her stay until the hair thing. In the shove in the back thing, both should have gotten yellow cards at least. It all depends on the context of the game and college level is not recreational soccer - on most levels it's rougher than the pro game. I'm not talking from a vacuum here either - I've coached on the semi-pro, collegiate, HS and youth levels, have HS coaching licenses in several states, a US Soccer national class coaching license, and I'm certified as an NCAA, high school (2 states) and US Soccer referee, referee instructor and former referee assessor. It's one of the things I do when I'm not playing guitars.

[thumbdn]

The thing I don't get is............ Where was her coach???? And where were the red cards????

If I'd been coaching her' date=' she would have been yanked and sent to the showers.[/quote']

Can you send me there with her? :-s

(Sorry. Someone had to say it. FWIW, I'm still in the "she's hot" party.)

[biggrin]

WORD! That was just ugly.

Take it out on the team with goals and maybe a cocky attitude, but she needs a spanking.

I feel guilty for enjoying the show.

Thanks for posting xD

Archived