Gibson Brands Forums

"Sportsmanship"?

Riverside

Damn guys! I just watched the video!

I will pass the whole ''she's hot - I'm in for a spanking'' issue and I will say that this far more violent than any European referee would accept, even in men's matches. Red cards are dealt for far less...!

Is violence in american sports more tolerated than in europe or even promoted? I saw 3-4 red cards in there and the referee saw nothing...? Perhaps he was also turned on by the chick-fight...

XDemonKnight... you may spank her on my behalf as well, no objections mate!

Damn guys! I just watched the video!

I will pass the whole ''she's hot - I'm in for a spanking'' issue and I will say that this far more violent than any European referee would accept' date=' even in men's matches. Red cards are dealt for far less...!

Is violence in american sports more tolerated than in europe or even promoted? I saw 3-4 red cards in there and the referee saw nothing...? Perhaps he was also turned on by the chick-fight...[/quote']

Having reffed soccer at all levels (excpet MLS and internationals) here, and once or twice sneeking across the border to ref in Mexico and Canada, I'd say the college game tollerates more violence than those sanctioned by US Soccer Federation. Second worst would be the High School games - paticularly womens games on both those levels. There's an attitude among some officials that "they're just girls trying to play a man's sport" so they (the refs) can ignore the violence. Additionally, there's less of a will to enforce penalties on violent play in the NCAA/NAIA (college) and the high scool federation, the process invovles so many opportunities for appeal and threats of lawsuits that by the time any penalties are enforced the season is over so refs are less inclined to call things and more inclined to "let the players sort it out." The parents and /or alumni also seem to encourage it (unless it happens to their little darlin's). Some of whats yelled in the stands would make the British hooligans blush. And while it wasn't soccer, a good example of how screwed up college sports are happened this week when the NCAA suspended a football player for the season for lying about something that wasn't against the rules, while they took no action against a football player who was video taped trying to gouge another player's eyes out.

Archived