Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Trem

Silenced Fred

Yeah' date=' the Gotoh and Wilkinson stuff is good. However, if you can spend the extra cash, this stuff is much better!

http://www.callahamguitars.com/partsstr.htm

it isn't that much more either in the grand scheme of things

here is my other question: would it be worth it to upgrade to locking tuners? I know it is necessary for like a Floyd Rose, but for the strat style trem, should I go for it?

... would it be worth it to upgrade to locking tuners? I know it is necessary for like a Floyd Rose' date=' but for the strat style trem, should I go for it?[/quote']

In my book, yes. I put Sperzels on my 2 Strats. The first set is about 20 years old now and they still look and perform like new.

I just blocked mine and my problem was solved

I don't really have that many tuning issues, I just would rather have a more stable system because it does get affected and I believe it is the trem, I don't really care for how it works either, it is a Fender licensed Floyd Rose-ish style and it just is weird, I want a standard Strat style for it

I still want the availability of using the trem, but I want this to be the best it can, I figure with pickups, a new tremolo system, locking tuners, I will have about 350 total into the guitar so that's not bad for a guitar that meets almost all of my specifications.

Basically. Says it also gives you greater sustain (when it's locked) and keeps your guitar in tune better but I haven't tested it myself. I'm probably going to buy it.

[biggrin]

I might have to get one myself, but I don't know how much I would use it, I pretty much use the trem quite a bit when I play just for accents

Archived