Gibson Brands Forums

To the Mods of the Forum

max2343

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your Doing something for Free their is Always a Pay-off.

You Always Get Something Even if its the Good Feeling

of Doing Something For Nothing and Sometimes Even thou

Your Not Expecting Something' date=' your Getting Something,

if your Motivations are True.[/quote']

This thread started kinda weird, but this is actually getting somewhere! a persistent question has got us thinking, in general,and I like that.

Max is correct to ask the most difficult question of all. On any topic ''WHY''....?

As I get it, a job is offered. The nature of it is law enforcing. What is the motive, esoteric or not, that makes some people raise their hands and some other not to and turn their backs...? For example, I know I would be in the second group. I just don't like enforcing anyone do anything. Although I cannot really deny the necessity of it...

Strange...

Guitarest Thanx's and That Was a Great Answer.

That is most likely why you are a Good Fit For the Position and A Good Mod

and Exactly Why you Deserve Some Graditude.

Gibson Should do in the "Member of the Month"

a Right-up For your Thank-less Job Here and

For All 3 of you---The Mod Squad

I'm just Thinking they Should Get Something if they Took the Position For Nothing.

It's almost Christmas and They Have Been Doing it a While.

If the Motivation was True and they Have been Kool and Fair

Damn--Toss-em a Bone---Gibson

+

If your Doing something for Free their is Always a Pay-off.

You Always Get Something Even if its the Good Feeling

of Doing Something For Nothing and Sometimes Even thou

Your Not Expecting Something' date=' your Getting Something,

if your Motivations are True.[/quote']

=

[confused]

I could be wrong, but it sure seems like your're really asking if the Gibson mods had ulterior motives in becoming mods.

Maybe it would be easier if you defined your idea of "True Motivations", as that is a fairly subjective thing. Or at least it can be. Then they would know how best to answer you. As it stands, I'm not sure anyone is sure if you're asking for them to get something material, or are you trying to figure out their motivation....

Does that make sense?

(and +1 on an accidently interesting topic)

Jocko's answer sounds pretty forthright to me Maxxie Boy.

How long are you going to carry on with your incesant whining about mods?

Time to drop it. Move on to something more substantive.

You're starting to show your ignorance.

(edit by mod)

And Dumb Modding like This Will do the Same.

Some Idoit Starts with Insults and Name Calling and Makes it Personal

and When I reply the Mods See fit to Leave the Insults and Edit my Reply

GREAT MOVE

The point was to Get them like "Guitarest Stated" to Say Why and Thank them for Taking a Position

That most wouldn't Take.

Ahhh now I understand where you're coming from.....[confused]

Pretty much what Guitarest Mod dude stated in his response.

On the Epi forum......

We have the same boss... Shadow........ And the question is about Mods in general so i thought i would respond

[biggrin]

Oh, totally forgot about it.. it just seemed weird to me, didn't see you in the mod list.

And I was hoping the next mod was gonna be me:-"

Well hey...a mod for a fan-run forum or something like it has a much different level of responsibility than a mod at a Forum run by and branded by a Multinational company...

With an Official forum, you have potential customers signing up and a jerky mod can turn people off a brand....

Look the Bottom Line is "Why" Why are They Doing it.

Simple.

I've never been a mod at the Gibson boards but I've modded on several other boards in the past. I can't speak for any of the guys here but I did it because I really enjoyed the communities where I modded and wanted them to be as enjoyable as possible for everyone and I did a damned good job of it too. When there was a problem, I addressed the person privately and spoke to them with the same level of maturity I want them to show me in return; most of the time they responded well to that. However, there are always those who either can't stand that boards are moderated or think the mods are out to get them and I even won over some of them but others will hate moderators no matter who they are or what they do; for them, I continue to give them a few more chances while treating them as fairly as I can until they cross the line and then I ban them.

Personally, I've never found it difficult to follow the rules of any message board. I just try to stay on topic, treat others with the same respect that I hope they treat me with, don't cuss (I do have a potty mouth) and keep in mind that my weirdo sense of humor doesn't always translate well into text - especially with people I've never met face to face.

Well hey...a mod for a fan-run forum or something like it has a much different level of responsibility than a mod at a Forum run by and branded by a Multinational company...

With an Official forum' date=' you have potential customers signing up and a jerky mod can turn people off a brand....[/quote']

[biggrin]

I don't know, but wouldn't you think that would be a bit disingenuous for someone to base their selection on a musical instrument based on the behavior of a moderator???[biggrin]

It would be like joining a Denver Bronco forum and deciding not to like the Moderator, and eventually deciding not to be a Bronco fan anymore based on a cyberspace relationship[blink]

I would never let the disposition of another individual affect my decision as to what musical instruments I would purchase. I let the instrument do the choosing for me.:-

Archived