Gibson Brands Forums

To the Mods of the Forum

max2343

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Disagree duane v. What's Said and Done Here Directly Affects Gibson's Reputation as a Hole.

And that's your right and I respect that.

I judge Gibson on the personal service I receive if there's an issue. And the quality of their instruments....

How this board is moderated (which IMO is superbly done) has no bearing on how I feel about Gibson the company.

Well Think About This. Say your a Newbie Here and Thinking About Buying Your First Gibson.

You Lurk For a While and Find a lot of Complaints About Gibson Quality. I.E. a lot of People Talking About

Tuning Problems / Factory Set-ups / Finish Flaws Ect. You Finally Come in on a Post and Inquire about

a Few Things and Miss Spell a Few Words.

In Comes a Mod. A Gibson Rep of the Forum and Slams-ya and Makes Fun of Your Ability to Spell

and Cut's You Down and Doesn't Even Answer any of Your Questions.

How You Gone-a Feel About Gibson Then?

Well Think About This. Say your a Newbie Here and Thinking About Buying Your First Gibson.

You Lurk For a While and Find a lot of Complaints About Gibson Quality. I.E. a lot of People Talking About

Tuning Problems / Factory Set-ups / Finish Flaws Ect. You Finally Come in on a Post and Inquire about

In Comes a Mod. A Gibson Rep of the Forum and Slams-ya and Makes Fun of Your Ability to Spell

Gibson's instruments are what they are. That's why people stand in line to pay thousands of dollars for them.

What happens in a forum that is open to all comers is what happens in a forum. If you're saying that you won't buy Gibson because someone (even a mod) poops on your inability to spell, well, I'd guess you won't be buying much of anything from any company that has a forum...

The medium demands the ability to communicate.

In most other forums I use, the users would jump on poor spelling and lack of understanding of the use of capital letters like stink on (well, you know.)

I support the mod who wants better posts.

Well I would never criticize anyone's grammar abilities' date=' because I'm not exactly the pillar of the English language myself...LOL!!!... But if possible, the poster should bear some responsibility in trying to be clear on what they're trying to ask..... I don't think that is too much to ask for[cool']

As for Gibson quality, certainly there will be issues, especially when there is so much human involvement in the assembly processes..... and after all, we are human.... I'm 100% confident that Gibson's priority is to provide a high level of value to all its customers.

As a Mod on the Epi forum, I don't feel comfortable coming between Gibson and their customers when an issue arises. The most I will do is direct the customer to Gibson Customer Service, where it can be handled privately.

Are ya doing the misspellings and grammar mistakes on purpose? It is glaringly obvious hope you are

If you aren't then nevermind....=D>

I was a moderator on a Meg Ryan forum for years. I did not get anything for it. I did it just because I was asked and because I loved the content (Meg Ryan movies). My mom is a moderator for the Pittsburgh Pens forum. She does not get anything for it. She loves the Pens and loves what she does. Volunteering is a wonderful thing. Not everyone does things just for money.

Moderator=== One That Arbitrates or Mediates.

Ya in the literal sense[cool]

However' date=' when trying to maintain the peace in a very dynamic atmosphere where all involved march to different beats. Certainly as I'm sure you're aware of, the responsibility goes way beyond mediating and arbitrating individuals strong feelings towards something, that even still the most obvious decisions will come under fire from somebody.

Is there a perfect ingredient in being the perfect Moderator???? Sheesh, I don't know[confused'] .... What's worked for me is not participating as much (which bums me a bit), and let the members work things out for themselves. And for the most part it seems to work.

As for some of the whispers I here that being a mod is a "thankless job." I'm not so sure I can 100% agree with that. I would like to think that my little contribution to the Epi forums has made some measurable improvement, where all musicians at all levels can intermingle with a level of respect and willingness to assist one another..... even when those same old questions come up time and time again.[confused]

Are ya doing the misspellings and grammar mistakes on purpose? It is glaringly obvious hope you are

If you aren't then nevermind....[confused]

Actually I'm Not. I try Real Hard and Even More SO HERE.

I only Have an 8th Grade Education (Really I'm a Drop-out and a Long time Partyer)

and Read & Speak 3 Tounges. With English my 2nd, Pal.

And I'm Vary Rich in Many Ways but Damn I Just Hate Some of the Judgement Here.

Cause in the Real World, Well , Never Mind. Forget-it.

I only Have an 8th Grade Education (Really I'm a Drop-out and a Long time Partyer)

and Read & Speak 3 Tounges. With English my 2nd' date=' Pal.

Cause in the Real World, Well , Never Mind. Forget-it.[/quote']

Not trying to spread judgement what I wrote came out wrong

and Read & Speak 3 Tounges. With English my 2nd' date=' Pal.

Cause in the Real World, Well , Never Mind. Forget-it.[/quote']

Props where they are due. I'm not real good in more than two or three languages.

However:

I, myself, I wouldn't go on a Korean board (for example), hack the language, and then demand that the mods or regulars leave me alone.

As much as I've tried, I've found no language that features capital letters on every word. Heck, I'd guess that if I were trying to learn any language (as 2d, 3d, whatever), that I'd find examples as jacked as some of what gets posted on this board.

Maybe I'm just an old fart who believes that if I wanted to read texts from a nine-year-old, I'd probably...

Wait. I take that back. I don't want to read texts from a nine-year-old. Think about that for a minute.

And I'd guess that anyone truly interested in the Gibson brand, product, whatever - doesn't either.

Just sayin'

Caps Starting Every Word is Proper. Da.

Now I'm a 9 Year Old Hack and Anyone Truly Interested in The Gibson Brand or Products

Dosen't Want to Hear From Me.

Youv'e Just Proved That Your Ignorant.

Thanx's For Make-in my Point so Clear.[biggrin]

Archived