Gibson Brands Forums

Crazy Suburude Has Done It Again ! Kopp K 35

suburude63

I have completely lost it but I dont care! #-o When I saw this I just had to have it. [confused] I will let you know how it sounds when I get it this week. For more insanity :- I also bought a Walker Wise River. to compare the 2. I know I know I am nuts but what the hell as Jannusguys says you only live once buy the guitar! [lol]

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Beautiful' date=' Suburude63. If it sounds as lovely as it looks, you will be a very lucky man, indeed.

Red 333

PS--Give us some more details: where did you find them, etc.[/quote']

Found the Kopp at the Podium and the Walker privately. I have been looking for weeks! Then yesterday and the day before they both appeard. Amazeing ! Ill post pics of the Walker whenb I get it Thurs. I am a fortunate man!! [confused]

Hi Suburude....

Beautiful guitars! I wish you would have come to Minneapolis and picked up the Kopp in person... we could have gotten together at the Podium and gone across the street for a nice beer! The Podium is my favorite guitar store here in the area and those guys know how to take care of a customer as well. Solid place! Congrats.

Hi Suburude....

Beautiful guitars! I wish you would have come to Minneapolis and picked up the Kopp in person... we could have gotten together at the Podium and gone across the street for a nice beer! The Podium is my favorite guitar store here in the area and those guys know how to take care of a customer as well. Solid place! Congrats.

I wish I could have come in person too! It would have been fun!

Hey Suburude' date='

I checked out sound samples for the two models of guitars you bought. I know which one sounds better to me (the one's recorded for online promotion anyway...). I'm curious to hear your more of your journey with these two.[/quote']

Hey tomwood which one? My bet is on the Kopp. I lean more towards bassy sound! What was your pick? [confused]

I dont know if I posted this before? But Kevin Kopp uses a cotton ball to do the burst on these guitars. Its an alcohol based stain then a very thin layer of nitro! Thats how Gibson did it in the 20s and 30s so I am told.

Thats how he gets this unique sunburst top.

I listened again and there's some strumming on the kopp that's great too. I mostly strum and love mids. But my guitar is bass heavy so I don't really know what playing would be like without and big thump in the bass. I'm kinda scared to go for full on mid range balance and sacrifice bass.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time deciding and thanks for posting and bringing these great guitars to my attention. I'm here to get educated.

The Kopp sounds like a vastly nicer instrument to me....full bodied, and rich, with lots of dimensionality. It evokes memories of the best old Gibsons I've played. The Walker sounds OK, but bland by comparison. Congrats, Sub....

Can I have the old one???? LOL......Sub' date=' congradulations on a great guitar. Would you be so kind as to list your guitar that you presently own? I have trouble keeping track of them all.....thanks.....[/quote']

Wiley I right now have 2 coming :- The Kopp and Walker and 2 maybe 3 for sale! [biggrin] I know its an ongoing process! Searching for the holy Grail of slopes! The 56 J45 is a keeper! The Santa Cruz H-13 a keeper and hopefully one between the Kopp and Walker will be a keeper maybe both ? Who knows! [blink]

Its a mystical quest searching for the siren sounding slope. [biggrin]

Let me tell you the search is almost as much fun as the finding! [cool]

On my ever expanding GAS attacks for guitars I would like to own, the Kopp and Walker were 1 and 2 and have been for some months. I know I want a slope in the J45 tradition and I listen and play as many as I can. These two I have above all others. Interesting that both of these guys worked at Gibson.

Archived