Gibson Brands Forums

Gettin' Old.....

Murph

The first thing I noticed' date=' was the ability to not give a sh!t.

Gettin' old has it's advantage............

Just sayin'......

Murph.

[/quote']

Touche [biggrin]

Also didn't suffer fools before,but now I feel it's my god given right to explain to them why.

I don't know. When I was younger I didn't give a **** about anyone but my family. I've since mellowed and now try to avoid hitting pedestrians at all cost.

Yep....

We're buying this crap........

[biggrin]

(kidding)....................

One big advantage is that it greatly expands your appreciation of good looking women. When I was 29 I wouldn't have given a 55 year old a second glance. Now that I'm 58 they're kinda cute!! (And the 20-somethings are still nice to look at although I did promise my daughter I wouldn't date anyone younger than she is!)

One big advantage is that it greatly expands your appreciation of good looking women. When I was 29 I wouldn't have given a 55 year old a second glance. Now that I'm 58 they're kinda cute!! (And the 20-somethings are still nice to look at although I did promise my daughter I wouldn't date anyone younger than she is!)

[biggrin]

You da man........

Murph.

Me too. That's why I act senile now' date=' because when I really do get old no one will notice...[/quote']

Speaking of senility, Branch Rickey said (of senility), "First, you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to zip up your fly; and then you forget to unzip your fly."

I sure hope none of us are to that point yet, because I bet somebody WILL notice.

Hey, on a related note; I just heard that Earth, Wind, and Fire is going to get together again and do a tour of senior citizens homes, billing themselves as "Earth, Wind, and Fiber"....

Hey' date=' on a related note; I just heard that Earth, Wind, and Fire is going to get together again and do a tour of senior citizens homes, billing themselves as "Earth, Wind, and Fiber"....[/quote']

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...

Wait......

You were serious?

Sorry.......

Yuk, Yukkkkkkkkk

There are some benefits to being older - like when I sway my hips back and forth playing the guitar, the hips pop and it's like a built in metronome. As the arthritis sets in more and more, during the winter months I can really howl like the best lead singers. "Gassing" for new gear has more meaning for me now. Flashbacks are now just good memories. I have a good friend with the nick name Squirt, only it has progressed to new meaning, as it still fits him. Not sure that is a benefit to him though...

Are You Experienced? Go figure.

Archived