Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Guitar Display Cabinets

leviathan1

Looking into developing Custom Guitar Displays. Here is a link to my first prototype, It will hold 5 guitars hanging off of pivoting hangers from the top of the cabinet. It will also have LED lighting and Glass in the doors. We can also add seals to the doors to help control humidity inside of the cabinet.

http://www.prairie-woodworks.com/GuitarCabinets.html

I am looking for any feedback that you are willing to give.

We are also considering an economical "knock down" version that we would ship and the customer would then assemble.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1964.jpg

This is our Custom Display Guitar Cabinet Finished. We used Hanging Brackets for the Guitars that are fully adjustable both horizontally, (on a sliding track system), and rotate 180 degrees. The back of the cabinet is a Red Penne cloth, plush velvet like material. We used Low Voltage Lighting. Clear Glass Doors and ample storage beneath for amplifiers and/or guitar cases. Click on the following link to see more photos, pricing, and information.

http://www.prairie-woodworks.com/GuitarCabinets.html

Aw, come on.....

Spam ain't so bad.

I made some fried Spam sandwiches just last week!

And those are indeed nice cabinets.

Maybe the whole 'hint of impropriety" thing could have been avoided by simply posting the cabinet pics.

If interest was shown, the original poster could have then replied with "I can build these if you're interested..."

Just sayin'....

^_^

Mr. Leviathan

I merged your recent thread with your initial thread concerning the same subject matter[cool]

Only as a suggestion (but not a requirement). But to ensure your intentions are honorable, may we suggest linking your website from your signature, and update your progress through your website.

BTW, nice guitar cabs!!!^_^

That price tag is what kept me from doing that.

I looked at a company in Montana, too much $$$$.

Then I found a guy in Scottsdale, Arizona and drew up some plans for a bid.

Before I could make a decision, he had a heart attack and sold all his wood-working stuff.

Screw it, I gave up.

My wife insisted that we get something to display mine, I kept fighting her on on the matter.

Then she found some cabinets without all the fancy glass for a lot less money.

I have less than $3,000 in a couple cabinets like this.

3374000155_1c52f043ea.jpg

If we build another house, things will be much different.

It will have a large dedicated guitar/game room where I can build some cases in place.

And whatever the wife thinks is pretty.....

I think to display guitars in a case where there is limited space as width goes, perhaps you could have the holders hang one high one low so that the body of a middle guitar can fit between two necks. This would take a tall cabinet, but if you're wanting to show them full frontal...

I really like the idea of just having them stacked sideways, like a couple people here have them. It reminds me of concerts. Ain't that how they're stacked off in the side?

When I'm not playing mine they're in the case in the closet. I don't like people even LOOKING at my girlfriends, let alone be tempted to touch.