Gibson Brands Forums

American Songwriter Magazine: Gillian Welch

Greg Ferguson

<GASP!> Thank you Greg! What a great picture that is. I just bought myself a pair of black cowboy boots, just like Gillian's (should I admit that on the internet haha). I am anxiously awaiting the release of their next album, which Gil has said will be *soon*. Now I have to hunt down that magazine. We have a magazine shop in Calgary here that gets magazines from all over the world. I'll give them a call.

Thanks again Greg! [thumbup]/

Woohoo! It's been a long time comin'!

Really good news. I have not bought a CD in more than a year' date=' but that is one I'll get the day it is released. Saw them a year or so ago live -- outstandingly good.

[/quote']

I'm so happy to say I've seen them live now too! Four months ago today, on July 11, I was standing 2 feet away from them, with the biggest smile on my face. My face hurt the next day from smiling so much. Seriously. They played one of the songs from this new album at the folk fest I saw. The song was called Sweet Tooth. You can see it on YouTube. It's a great song. If you see a red head bobbing up and down right in front of the stage, it's me!

This is the best thing I heard this morning ! I will get both the magazine and the album ! Very very cool

BTW I was standing 6 feet away from GG during that concert ! [cool]

We all could have been together had it not been for that weird guy. Remember the weird guy? He was...... well, weird.

Not sure if T-Bone is producing this one? I know Dave has been producing a lot lately so I wouldn't be surprised if he did this one.

I just got an email from GillianWelch.com..... anyone near any of these places? You might want to pop in:

Tour Dates:

Dave Rawlings Machine will be hitting the road in November and December to play shows and visit some of the finest indie record stores in the Southeast and Midwest. The Machine will include Dave and Gillian along with Ketch Secor, Willie Watson, and Morgan Jahnig of Old Crow Medicine Show. All tickets are on sale now.

11/28 - Athens, GA - The Melting Point - more info

11/29 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel - more info

11/30 - Carrboro, NC - Cat’s Cradle - more info

12/01 - Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre - more info

12/03 - Nashville, TN - Exit / In - more info

12/04 - Louisville, KY - Headliner’s - more info

12/05 - Bloomington, IN - Bluebird Nightclub - more info

12/06 - Chicago, IL - Abbey Pub - more info

12/07 - Madison, WI - High Noon Saloon - more info

12/09 - Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Ctr - more info

12/10 - Omaha, NE - The Waiting Room - more info

12/11 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre - more info

12/13 - Austin, TX - The Parish (2 nights) - more info

12/14 - Austin, TX - The Parish (2 nights) - more info

12/18 - Nashville, TN - Opry at The Ryman (2 nights) - more info

12/19 - Nashville, TN - Opry at The Ryman (2 nights) - more info

Record Store Performances:

11/28 - Athens, GA - Schoolkids Records

12/01 - Knoxville, TN - Disc Exchange - more info

12/03 - Nashville, TN - Grimey’s - more info

12/04 - Louisville, KY - Ear X-Tacy - more info

12/09 - Minneapolis, MN - Electric Fetus - more info

12/13 - Austin, TX - Waterloo Records - more info

Here's another review!

Also' date=' i couldn't find a link but Rolling Stone reviewed it in the issue i got last night and gave it 4 stars.

[img']http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/11/10/dave_rawlings.jpg?1257863833[/img]

Well THAT'S a good review. Sometimes reviews seem more like a writer who is trying to squeeze in as many unusual adjectives as possible in order to sound unique. That review actually gave me a sense of what to expect from the album. It sounds like it will be really good.

Archived