Gibson Brands Forums

anyone seen steve vai's new dvd?

S t e v e

(where the wild things are) this guy is an alien!, i went to his master class a few months ago at the (international guitar show) in london docklands, i couldn't believe what was happening! i was sitting 5 foot away from him while he played "for the love of god"! amazing stuff and something that will stay with me forever...very nice bloke too, he done a question and answer session and after i left i thought to myself..."i forgot to ask him why he dont play gibsons!" haha then i answered the question for myself...cause they dont have floyd roses! [biggrin] , anyways check out his new dvd it's fu**ing fantastic!

me and mr vai...

021.jpg

(where the wild things are) this guy is an alien!' date=' i went to his master class a few months ago at the (international guitar show) in london docklands, i couldn't believe what was happening! i was sitting 5 foot away from him while he played "for the love of god"! amazing stuff and something that will stay with me forever...very nice bloke too, he done a question and answer session and after i left i thought to myself..."i forgot to ask him why he dont play gibsons!" haha then i answered the question for myself...cause they dont have floyd roses! [biggrin'] , anyways check out his new dvd it's fu**ing fantastic!

me and mr vai...

Got a link?

I listened to it for the first time yesterday' date=' he is a great guitar player but I guess my tastes have changed; got bored listening to his new album. I love "For the love of God", "Bad Horsie", "Giant balls of gold" and finally the Halo theme song. I am currently working on "For the love of God", some tasty licks there...[/quote']

just posted for the love...check this version out!

I heard him recently in the studio at Sirius talking about the new DVD and other things. I've never been a huge Via fan, but not a hater either. After listening to him though I was interested and would like to check it out myself.

I was very impressed with the ckip of him and his band playing on the first Clapton Croosroads DVD.

Met him twice now and got to say Hi to Sheehan as well' date=' I sold the Jem he signed for me but it went to a good home ;-) a great guy and very reserved. I got to see the band in 2000 and 2001. Freakin AWESOME!

Did you go to the Astoria show Steve?[/quote']

last vai gig was the astoria, previous to that i think it was at the shepards bush empire in 96?, he played 3 songs right in front of me at the masterclass...that beat both gigs! [cool]

Archived