Gibson Brands Forums

Wish me luck!

Flight959

Ok, Its here,

The worst day ever has arrived for me. I HATE and I mean I REALLY HATE the dentist. Very little sacres me except the dentist, I'm the worlds biggest pu55y, I wont even let them put so much as a mirror in my mouth. I agreed with my wife that I'd let the dentist sedate me. The ball was set rolling and I had two appointments to agree on what treatment I needed.

To cut a long and boring story short I had an appointment In Feb 2010 to have my sedation and treatment..

Well my world ended yesterday.... The Hospital phoned and told me that had moved my appointment to today as someone had cancelled....

Now im 5hitting myself!!

Seriously,

Wish me luck...

[crying]

Ok' date=' Its here,

The worst day ever has arrived for me. I HATE and I mean I REALLY HATE the dentist. Very little sacres me except the dentist, I'm the worlds biggest pu55y, I wont even let them put so much as a mirror in my mouth. I agreed with my wife that I'd let the dentist sedate me. The ball was set rolling and I had two appointments to agree on what treatment I needed.

To cut a long and boring story short I had an appointment In Feb 2010 to have my sedation and treatment..

Well my world ended yesterday.... The Hospital phoned and told me that had moved my appointment to today as someone had cancelled....

Now im 5hitting myself!!

Seriously,

Wish me luck...

[crying

What is sh***¨ is the fact they plan for you, without asking you first! I had the same thing going one 2 months ago, and the surgery was quite drastic, so mentally I wasn't prepared to go into the ER so suddenly... The result was the same: 'Now im 5hitting myself!!'

All the best flight!

K,

Hey Flight, Chill out... I was tortured by a dentist when I was a child and had a great fear of the dentist too. Things have changed. Believe me the pain thing is no longer an issue at the dentist. It's true, the tools and anesthesia used today have nothing to do with what they were useing years back... Relax!! You in for a big painless surprise!!!

Fingers crossed for you Simon. I didn't go to the dentist from the age of 5 to 29. It wasn't the pain but the sound of the equipment that hurt my ears so much.

Anyway Suzie introduced me to her friend who is a dentist and she from then on became my dentist. She is very careful, it never hurts and she is good with me[biggrin]

She is only in Eltham and is very nice, why don't you change to her?

Simon, think of your R9, Your beloved Slash signature and just close your eyes and imagine you are somewhere else!

Matt

good luck mate' date=' think of that 59 standard and prototype R9 at the westbury, [b']Rooting for you ( Pun intended)[/b] Rog

Now thats funny![biggrin]

No fear Flight, tell them about your fears and they will likely sedate you. Thats how the dentist handles my wife.

Look, it can't be as bad as Demoon's recent dentist experience. When he was sedated, he woke up to find his Superman underwear around his ankles. And the pain he felt wasn't in his mouth....[biggrin]

I think Demoon said it was OK to tell this story. If not, I will retract my post before anyone sees it.

Good luck... it'll be over before you know it. I visit my dentist every 6 months without fail... and have had no issue for maybe 15 years... 'til the day of my son's wedding.... woke up with a RAGING toothache.... I couldn't whine on their special day...and I had to do some music for them at their reception..... so I bucked it up and fought through it' date=' (many thought the moaning was a form of harmony!).

Anyway, it turns out I cracked a tooth, so I had to get a root canal.... only other root canal I ever had was when I was in the Army, (1971)... and sonofagun if THAT crown didn't break like 2 days before I got the new crown.... Now I have to wait 'til January to get the old crown replaced, but the new one is done and actually have a side I can chew on!

Go now....be calm.... it'll be fine...... (said unconvincingly)

Bob

At Son's wedding:

[img']http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/TheWedding147.jpg[/img]

Well, I went (I had no choice) and as my name was called out I was told that the Anethnitist had been called away and they cancelled my appointment..

I dont know if I should be happy or sad... Happy that is not happening yet or sad that I have to go through that waiting again...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks guys..

Regards

Well...

I just opened this thread and...

Hey, I've had issues with dentists for years and always considered myself a real wuss as well. An angry bull in a rodeo ring? No big deal, you just deal with it. A dentist's smile? OMG!!!!! <grin>

My current dentist is also a friend. He, his son who also is a dentist in their office, and a third dentist, are all great people and have exceptional technical skills I know about as a friend. I think that helped cover some concerns.

They also tailored the care to my concerns and sensitivities. For example, when I had all my teeth removed in two days - yeah, not much fun - all the tops came out here with the son's great skills, then the next day I drove 60 miles to have all the bottom teeth removed from that third "partner," then drove home drooling pink and giggling like a kid.

I think the secret is communication and a relationship with the dentist. That took the fear. It's not the pain, or perceived pain, I think, but the idea of being gouged on while helpless. Communication helps cover that, IMHO.

There was no "knock the guy out" stuff involved. I didn't want that. In fact, that would have bothered me more than anything. It was just communicating, lotza shots into the jaws and excellent technical skills.

OTOH - it was the first time in my life where I took time off for "health" reasons. Whooeee. A shattered left leg? No time off at all except to get the casts on and off. The tooth pulling? Whoa, talk about running out of gas. <grin> It certainly was a bit of a humbling experience, I'll admit.

m

Just be glad you don't have a military dentist working on you. Hehehe, seriously though, dentists today are so worried about malpractice suits, they want to make sure you are a drooling idiot before they start any procedure. The start with a cotton swab of novacane in the place where they are going to give you the shot of novacane. So put your iPod ear buds in, put on some Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb, and it will be over berfore you know it.

I just went to the dentist Wednesday for a small cavity filling. His new procedure was numbing just the tooth. Didn't even feel a needle because of this new method. No pain. In and out in 20 minutes with no fat lip or jaw.

Modern medicine has really improved since I was a kid. I also dreaded the dentist years ago, but no problems now. Even if he had given me a needle in the gum, it's usually just a split second and you don't feel anything after that.

This is all assuming that novacain numbs you. If it doesn't, then that's another story.

Good luck on you day at the dentist.

Archived