Gibson Brands Forums

Question: Gibson Strings Being Discontinued ?

CajunBlues

The local guitar center was all out of stock of Gibson Strings. Dude behind the counter said that Gibson was discontinuing their strings. Somehow I think this is one of those Guitar Center Clerks that has been smoking too much pot behind the building [biggrin]

Is the rumor true ? I really like their L5 and vintage reissue strings...

I don't think it's true because they are still representing them as a current product on their web site... When I get a chance, I will contact customer support.... There are some guys at GC who really know their stuff... And then there are some that don't know their buttocks from a rabbit burrow...

This was in my email today [blink]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for writing! No, we’re not discontinuing our line of strings. Guitar Center will be able to order them if they are out of stock. Thank you for the inquiry, and sorry about the confusion.

Best regards,

Benton Cummings

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

This was in my email today [blink]

Hi Scott' date='

Thanks for writing! No, we’re not discontinuing our line of strings. Guitar Center will be able to order them if they are out of stock. Thank you for the inquiry, and sorry about the confusion.

Best regards,

Benton Cummings

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON [/quote']

Good ole Guitar Center. [blink]

Elgin, Ill. was closed. All equipment moved to Nashville and not in production. Any Gibson strings you find at present were already in stock or are being made by D'Ad and then Gibson boxed as during a previous mechanical breakdown in years past. The question is, what is really going on at Gibson, Inc. ???? :-k

You're right, deep blue. They were supposed to have the gear up and functioning by now though. I like using strings I know Gibson made themselves. So I have my fingers crossed. But, you know big quiet secret things are going on with the Gibson Co. right now. Lets' hope for the good news before a, "Leo Model" is announced!

Archived