Gibson Brands Forums

????

GIANTRobOT420

yes sir, entirely too many signature models, some for people who don't deserve them. I don't know how they all even sell well enough. I never liked Guns much at all, but I do like Slash. Guns without him is like Zep without Page, or Van Halen without Eddie (is that possible?). It's insane that Axl even tries anymore, I can't beleive people kept waiting and having faith in him and a new album/band. He's got a boogie head on a marshall cab- I always find that to be wrong.

So much for the "rumor" that Gibson cannot make a double white pickup because of patent issues...

(A quote from the Gibson product page)...

"The Buckethead Signature Les Paul carries a calibrated pair of Gibson’s contemporary-voiced Ceramic series humbucking pickups, featuring a 496R in the neck (rhythm) position, and a hot 500T in the bridge (lead) position. Both are specially made with double-white bobbins to match the look of the guitar, and the bridge pickup is split via a push/pull switch on the Tone knob to achieve a single-coil tone."

Cherrylester, man ur sooo right about that about a week ago i started being a big fan of Slash and GnR obviously. But like 3 days ago i read that he left the band ages ago i was like dam. I bought their greatest hits before but there were only their Slash made songs)))

I saw this Chinese democracy one day and was about to buy it and then understood that it is not a slash made song i heard their songs on youtube the suck man. I also saw that Velvet Revolver is Slash's new band!

His guitar is awesome like always but singer is a bit ga... weird lol

yeah, too bad huh? You must be young!! I'm 33 and Guns were massive when I was in jr high and high school, and I at the time was such a Metallica, kiss, maiden, megadeth guy, I never got into them. I did always like Slash's style though. I would've thought Guns woulda had more longevity, but I guess the drugs and egos and being so huge doesnt' always last forever. Axl went through 25 or 30 guitarists over the recording and touring process for the Chinese Democracy album- pretty lame.

So much for the "rumor" that Gibson cannot make a double white pickup because of patent issues...

(A quote from the Gibson product page)...

"The Buckethead Signature Les Paul carries a calibrated pair of Gibson’s contemporary-voiced Ceramic series humbucking pickups' date=' featuring a 496R in the neck (rhythm) position, and a hot 500T in the bridge (lead) position. Both are specially made with double-white bobbins to match the look of the guitar, and the bridge pickup is split via a push/pull switch on the Tone knob to achieve a single-coil tone."[/quote']

It's double créme that's patented.

People...Buckethead hasn't been with Guns since 2001...time to stop the Slash comparisons...they are two different guitarists with two different styles. Don't blame Buckethead if you don't like the new Guns....blame Axl. He's the "mastermind"....

Anyway....It's a gorgeous guitar!!!

Archived